Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 disconnected to I Pad

Reaction score
I am getting disconnected very often ( never happend bevore) to the I Pad ( mini) The App is still running. I can control the Aircraft by RC. When I pull off the cable I Pad - RC and plug in , the connection gets established again. The I pad says " Memory full" but I don`t know if this has to do with the disconnection.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
You can try clearing the cache on the iPad mini and close all apps. You can delete the go app and reinstall. We have found using an iPad mini and an iPad Pro side by side that the iPad Pro does not fail. The processor power of the iPad mini appears to be not enough for the Go 4 App.

I'll just add that I'm going through a similar experience. Upgraded from an I1 to and I2 about a month ago (purchased through Florida Drone Supply, with incredible pre sale support/advice from Michael, Jim, and Jenelle there). By pure fluke, my CrystalSky Ultra started flaking out during my initial I2 flights. Since it had been fine with the I1 initially blamed the I2. But then it became clear that the problem was my CSU. It has since died, and DJI is replacing it at no charge. In the meantime, I tried using my iPad Mini 3, which I had been using with no problem for my I1 until I got the CSU. The Go4 App running on the iPad Mini 3 seemed to work fine for a bit, but would then mysteriously drop connection to the RC (always at an inopportune moment) and I'd have to unplug and reinsert the USB cable in order to use the app again. Suspecting that the iPad Mini 3 did not have the cpu power to run the Go4 app (and discussing this with Jim at Florida Drone Supply), I tried flying the I2 with the Go4 app running on my iPhone X and it worked without a hitch; no dropped connections, no video lag, all good except for the relatively tiny and dark screen compared to the CSU I'm now used to. So I'm looking forward to getting my CSU back, but will use the iPhone X as my backup for now. Considering an iPad Pro per Jim's advice.

I'll just add that I'm going through a similar experience. Upgraded from an I1 to and I2 about a month ago (purchased through Florida Drone Supply, with incredible pre sale support/advice from Michael, Jim, and Jenelle there). By pure fluke, my CrystalSky Ultra started flaking out during my initial I2 flights. Since it had been fine with the I1 initially blamed the I2. But then it became clear that the problem was my CSU. It has since died, and DJI is replacing it at no charge. In the meantime, I tried using my iPad Mini 3, which I had been using with no problem for my I1 until I got the CSU. The Go4 App running on the iPad Mini 3 seemed to work fine for a bit, but would then mysteriously drop connection to the RC (always at an inopportune moment) and I'd have to unplug and reinsert the USB cable in order to use the app again. Suspecting that the iPad Mini 3 did not have the cpu power to run the Go4 app (and discussing this with Jim at Florida Drone Supply), I tried flying the I2 with the Go4 app running on my iPhone X and it worked without a hitch; no dropped connections, no video lag, all good except for the relatively tiny and dark screen compared to the CSU I'm now used to. So I'm looking forward to getting my CSU back, but will use the iPhone X as my backup for now. Considering an iPad Pro per Jim's advice.
Having the same problems with my iPad disconnecting from the RC and I will try unplugging and then plugging it back in and see if that helps.

Fellow Droners it looks like were all facing the same issue with the DJI go 4 system. As I mentioned before I’ve gone through one Crystal sky ultra that burn out for the replacement I received about a month ago. I am still having the issue with the GO 4 program shutting down in mid flight. It looks like DJI has made us all bata testers, what does their R&D department do ?. I’ve got the Crystalsky 7.85 Ultra for my I2 the CS 5.5 for my Mavic Pro and attached monitor on the phantom 4 pro, they all run the android operating system. I’m almost scared to fly not wanting to deal with the crash and the money I’ve got involved.
I am not running any third-party side programs on any of my drones, controllers or monitors so I don’t believe there’s a compatibility issue.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think the same thing! I switch between my crystal sky monitor and my iPad and still have the same problems so it’s not just an iOS or Android issue it has to be something wrong with the DJI GO 4 app itself!! And I am of the same mindset that I am afraid to put my Inspire 2 up in the air at this point.

Fellow Droners it looks like were all facing the same issue with the DJI go 4 system. As I mentioned before I’ve gone through one Crystal sky ultra that burn out for the replacement I received about a month ago. I am still having the issue with the GO 4 program shutting down in mid flight. It looks like DJI has made us all bata testers, what does their R&D department do ?. I’ve got the Crystalsky 7.85 Ultra for my I2 the CS 5.5 for my Mavic Pro and attached monitor on the phantom 4 pro, they all run the android operating system. I’m almost scared to fly not wanting to deal with the crash and the money I’ve got involved.
I am not running any third-party side programs on any of my drones, controllers or monitors so I don’t believe there’s a compatibility issue.
FWIW, while the problem being discussed here was driving me crazy using Go4 app to control my I2 with an iPad Mini 3, it is not happening to me when I use an iPhone X. And Jim at Florida Drone Supply tells me that he has no disconnect problems running Go4 App in an iPad Pro (but that iPad Mini 4 has problems). I am anxiously waiting to receive my "repaired" Crystalsky Ultra from DJI to see how that works with Go4 controlling I2. Jim reports that's working well for him too, so I am hopeful.

FWIW, while the problem being discussed here was driving me crazy using Go4 app to control my I2 with an iPad Mini 3, it is not happening to me when I use an iPhone X. And Jim at Florida Drone Supply tells me that he has no disconnect problems running Go4 App in an iPad Pro (but that iPad Mini 4 has problems). I am anxiously waiting to receive my "repaired" Crystalsky Ultra from DJI to see how that works with Go4 controlling I2. Jim reports that's working well for him too, so I am hopeful.
I am using my iPad Pro and I still have the same problems!!

I am using my iPad Pro and I still have the same problems!!
Bummer. Thanks for letting us know. It would be good to find out what differs between your setup and those that are working ok. If you can share the relevant specs of your iPad Pro here (which model, version of iOS you are running, how much RAM, wifi-only or wifi+cellular), perhaps those who aren't seeing the problem can see a difference and let us know. - Thanks.

Last edited:
Having that trouble right now and have narrowed it down to the HDMI Module connection it is very sloppy and I have tried three different cords and it will not work, looks like going back to Dji as it is still under 1year warranty, by he way all Ipads work well with Phantom 4.
Best of luck.

Bummer. Thanks for letting us know. It would be good to find out what differs between your setup and those that are working ok. If you can share the relevant specs of your iPad Pro here (which model, version of iOS you are running, how much RAM, wifi-only or wifi+cellular), perhaps those who aren't seeing the problem can see a difference and let us know. - Thanks.
My iPad is a 9.7” iPad Air and I always run the latest version of Apples software updates. (I check regularly for them). It is the 128gb WiFi +cellular version. Any other information about it other than what I just gave is beyond my comprehension of what you’re asking me for. I always try switching between different lightning cables to be sure that isn’t the problem. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
Thanks, Phil DeVore

Hey Phil, I don't think it matters mush what kind of iPad you have as long as it a decent one, your problem happened to me the other week half way through a job,
I was mortified!
Tried everything spoke to Dji, because I thought it was the HDMI port it was loose but they talked me out of it so I did a bit of thinking, I started up my Phantom4 still using Djigo4 app, to see what it would do, but I could not get a connection to iPad either, then I thought I would try the Litchi app and low and behold things started to change.
I finally had a connection to P4 but still none to I2, so I did the only thing I could think of next, I got rid of the Djigo4 app and downloaded it again then set about updating the firmware again, which it did this time.After all that I had both birds talking to the iPad like normal.Hope this helps.
Cheers, Alsy.

Hey Phil, I don't think it matters mush what kind of iPad you have as long as it a decent one, your problem happened to me the other week half way through a job,
I was mortified!
Tried everything spoke to Dji, because I thought it was the HDMI port it was loose but they talked me out of it so I did a bit of thinking, I started up my Phantom4 still using Djigo4 app, to see what it would do, but I could not get a connection to iPad either, then I thought I would try the Litchi app and low and behold things started to change.
I finally had a connection to P4 but still none to I2, so I did the only thing I could think of next, I got rid of the Djigo4 app and downloaded it again then set about updating the firmware again, which it did this time.After all that I had both birds talking to the iPad like normal.Hope this helps.
Cheers, Alsy.
I have done all those things that you spoke about other than the Litchi app because I don’t have it installed on my iPad or my iPhone. When I use my Crystal Sky Monitor it works perfectly and that’s what has me baffled. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app repeatedly on my iPad and it didn’t make any difference.

D009BC30-2088-491B-B12C-5D78728A4C32.jpeg
I have done all those things that you spoke about other than the Litchi app because I don’t have it installed on my iPad or my iPhone. When I use my Crystal Sky Monitor it works perfectly and that’s what has me baffled. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app repeatedly on my iPad and it didn’t make any difference.

After disconnecting constantly the only solution was when I updating my iPad Pro 10.5

No new cables, no reinstall the DJI app.

No Disconnect while operating my i2 since updating to iOS 12., over 2 weeks now and not 1 Disconnection. I fly a couple times a day.

The iPad runs much better overall on iOS 12, better internet connection faster load times and no bugs that I’ve noticed.

My iPad is a 9.7” iPad Air and I always run the latest version of Apples software updates. (I check regularly for them). It is the 128gb WiFi +cellular version.....When I use my Crystal Sky Monitor it works perfectly and that’s what has me baffled. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app repeatedly on my iPad and it didn’t make any difference.

The iPad Air is pretty old by tablet standards (2014 or 2015 depending on which version you have) and has a fairly underpowered cpu compared to newer models (A7 chip). It is similar in speed to the iPad Mini 3 I mentioned in my earlier post above. I don't think these A7-based devices have the horsepower to handle the demands of the Go4 App reliably, especially with the 2 video feeds from an I2. Since you have a CrystalSky I'm not sure why you need to use your iPad too, but if you do need a reliable iOS-based platform I'd suggest getting a newer iPad. As I mentioned above I'm using my iPhone X as a backup for my CrystalSky, and I'm not seeing any disconnects, while I was seeing them all the time with my iPad Mini 3 running completely up to date sw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop