Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 latest Firmware (18-7-2018) and still not Stable??

Reaction score
Dear Inspire 2 Pilots, i spend almost 12.000 Dollars on Inspire 2 + Prores + DNG + Normal and Cendence Radio Plus Batteries X5s and lots more accessories. I do TV Series and Films and Directors keep and directors keep asking me why i can not finish the shoots steady? What is going on with the Inspire 2? How can be that possible? 12 000 and does not work properly? What we can do about it? Is DJI a serious Company? i Hope we can Fix This soon. I have Latest Firmware on Inspire, Radios and App (18-7-2018) i did calibration GPS, Imu, sensors and Radio Sticks also. This is a design or firmware issue for sure ... i have been flying DJI professionally for the last 6 years.
Look a this 2 shoots i did, at the end of both without touching the sticks how the Inspire 2 moves all over and can not keep it s position. Does anyone find out how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance
The pasw for both is aerovisuales

Last edited:
I have had the same problem with my Inspire 1 Raw and Inspire 2.

A friend recommended I make sure that visual positioning was enabled, and it was. These craft just can't seem to sit still.

Dear DJI, i spend almost 12.000 Dollars on Inspire 2 + Prores + DNG + Normal and Cendence Radio Plus Batteries X5s and lots more accessories. I do TV Series and Films and Directors keep and directors keep asking me why i can not finish the shoots steady? What is going on with the Inspire 2? How can be that possible? 12 000 and does not work properly? What we can do about it? Is DJI a serious Company? i Hope we can Fix This soon. I have Latest Firmware on Inspire, Radios and App (18-7-2018) i did calibration GPS, Imu, sensors and Radio Sticks also. This is a design or firmware issue for sure ... i have been flying DJI professionally for the last 6 years.
Look a this 2 shoots i did, at the end of both without touching the sticks how the Inspire 2 moves all over and can not keep it s position. The pasw for both is aerovisuales
Why are you addressing this to DJI by saying “Dear DJI”?
This is not a DJI forum.
It has never been affiliated with, owned by, or associated with DJI.
It is a privately owned community board.

Why are you addressing this to DJI by saying “Dear DJI”?
This is not a DJI forum.
It has never been affiliated with, owned by, or associated with DJI.
It is a privately owned community board.
I konw thanks for the correction. I changed it already! by the way did you notice this wooble issue with the inspire 2?

I konw thanks for the correction. I changed it already! by the way did you notice this wooble issue with the inspire 2?
It's known issue with some batches of Inspire 2 aircrafts, probably caused by bad hardware piece, FW bug or both. Mine - manufactured June 2018 and on .0100 FW - flies steady in hover. We know for sure that some birds are affected, while some aren't. We also know that DJI is trying to find the cure for quite some time. As for today the best course of action is to roll-back to .0100 and wait for new FW update.

It's known issue with some batches of Inspire 2 aircrafts, probably caused by bad hardware piece, FW bug or both. Mine - manufactured June 2018 and on .0100 FW - flies steady in hover. We know for sure that some birds are affected, while some aren't. We also know that DJI is trying to find the cure for quite some time. As for today the best course of action is to roll-back to .0100 and wait for new FW update.
Thanks Dobmatt, i do not know if even possible to roll back to that version but i will try.

pepeticos,
Did you manage to roll back the firmware, because I have to roll back from .0100 and I can not.
Just let me/us know

Last edited:
Reactions: John Bishop
pepeticos,
Did you manage to roll back the firmware, because I have to roll back from .0100 and I can not.
Just let me/us know
DJI Assistant software will let you know what your bird's FW version is on and how far back you can downgrade, if possible at all. Please note that some FW installations aren't reversible for some reason.

pepeticos,
Just let me/us know
Yep, went 1 back to V 1.02.0100, a little tricky ... let me help you out.
- Before you start instert a micro SD card on your Inspire 2 and format it there.
- Uninstall and re install DJI Assistant, that way you are sure on the last version.
- Be patient ! it takes like 20 or 30 min to finish, some times looks like it freeze but it does not, so just wait untill succesfull or not pops up.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the info, but there is a problem in my case. Unfortunately I’ve bought I2 broken and without a gimbal camera. So even if sd card is in, it isn’t visible for Inspire - DJI Go 4 and in aircraft status there is an Air Encoder Error (0x100000) meaning that there is no camera atatched to the bird. I don’t want to spend more money for the camera if I will not repair I2 first.
But tell me, this reinstalation of DJI Assistent let you see previous versions of firmware and downgrade it? I2 is still connect to PC during instalation of DJI Assistant?
And one more question. Do you use Mac or PC?
Here you can read about my Inspire 2

Last edited:
It's known issue with some batches of Inspire 2 aircrafts, probably caused by bad hardware piece, FW bug or both. Mine - manufactured June 2018 and on .0100 FW - flies steady in hover ...

Lucky you :)
But mine, during test flights seems OK either. I know that some firmware can't be downgrade. I do not want to change flight controller's parameters - max attitude, speed etc. I just want to check if there is hardware or software problem with FPV camera. That's a pity there is so many software and hardware problems with Inspire 2.

Lucky you :)
But mine, during test flights seems OK either. I know that some firmware can't be downgrade. I do not want to change flight controller's parameters - max attitude, speed etc. I just want to check if there is hardware or software problem with FPV camera. That's a pity there is so many software and hardware problems with Inspire 2.
Hmm, the absence of a camera attached to Inspire may make FW toggling impossible to perform, since camera FW is included in the package. I wouldn't worry much about this for now if she's flying well and within specs, more or less.

Are you in GPS mode? This looks like exactly what I'd expect for a drone trying to hold its position on GPS... you may get better results in ATTI and manually holding it in the wind using a fixed visual reference point. Results tend to be far smoother.

The shots you've shown are very close to foreground objects so obviously even small amounts of movement will be obvious. They're pretty ambitious TBH for a small drone. The first one in particularly could be a textbook example of where a technocrane might be a better choice than a drone.

Are you in GPS mode? This looks like exactly what I'd expect for a drone trying to hold its position on GPS... you may get better results in ATTI and manually holding it in the wind using a fixed visual reference point. Results tend to be far smoother.

The shots you've shown are very close to foreground objects so obviously even small amounts of movement will be obvious. They're pretty ambitious TBH for a small drone. The first one in particularly could be a textbook example of where a technocrane might be a better choice than a drone.
I'm not sure you're familiar with progress in this technology. Modern drones are able to hold it's position rock solid, wind or not, size doesn't matter. Wobbly hovering in this case is caused by faulty firmware or hardware. I would never attempt to film in ATTi mode at this angle. If pilot is not able to maintain solid GPS lock in this scenario and Inspire 2 is switching into ATTI automatically indeed, than the camera crane will be the solution.

Reactions: HKGHM
I’d be delighted if that was that case - perhaps you could post a video showing a drone in GPS mode hovering in gusty conditions with a solid object a few feet away with no noticeable lateral movement?

I’d be delighted if that was that case - perhaps you could post a video showing a drone in GPS mode hovering in gusty conditions with a solid object a few feet away with no noticeable lateral movement?
It's not the lateral movement we're talking about. It's a 3D dance around a point in space, maintaining the aircraft's heading. This behaviour was introduced after particular FW tweak some time ago, affecting only particular batches of Inspire 2 drone. Normally Inspire 2 - and any modern DJI drone for that matter - is capable to maintain steady position in hover, assuming solid GPS lock and acceptable wind conditions. I'll gladly provide a video to demonstrate such ability as soon as possible.

Yep, went 1 back to V 1.02.0100, a little tricky ... let me help you out...

Well, tell you how I did manage to downgrade to V01.01.0200.
But it wasn't so easy. You've got to be careful, have battery fully charged.

1st step: DUMLRacer V1.1.1 to get root access.
2nd step: DUMLdore V3.10 to transfer and flash firmware.

I had to do 2nd step twice, because after first pass the firmware version didn't change. When flashing is quick, quicker then normal, it will not be done. It should take the same time as in DJI Assistant, when you upgrade/refresh firmware.
Unfortunately my FPV camera didn't answer for my requests from DJI Assistant (in debug mode) to calibrate. May be it is broken.
Every single thing, you can find on GitHub.

I was wondering about your problem with stable hovering. That is sure you did everything IMU, compass, vision system calibration, but did you check (picture 5 in Inspire 2 Maintenance Manual)

5. Check that the right and left landing gear rest at the same tilt angle.

It can be regulated by loosing a screw in the middle of arm, I hope you know which one. This is plastic part so be careful tighting that screw, but it should be firmly tight. Even one hard landing can cause tilt angle mismatch.

The other thing which can be combine with stable flight is proper functioning of ESC, but it is hard to check. You have to analyse flight parameters. Where you can check when and why motor changes the speed. I know only a little about that. There is an instruction in download section Flight Controller Data Analysis Series Tutorials V1.0
Here on the forum must be someone who can help you with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide