Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 2 LOST 3 DAYS. I need some ideas

Reaction score
Dear all.
A need help.
I lost my inspire 2 with the zenmuse x7.
3 days ago.
I follow instructions "find my dron" and coordinates but I can not find it. I go to find it with 3 friendsimage1-2.png all days.
1532m altitude.
Very wooded area.
No mobile coverage.
Please some idea.
image1.pngimage2-2.png

Hello @juliosteadi,

I'm assuming you struck a tree - what was the last thing you saw on your monitor? For example, was the drone stuck in the tree after impact, or did you see it tumble down at all? How high up in the tree would you guess it crashed?

Do you have a second drone (or access to one) that you can use to hunt your crashed drone in the trees at these coordinates?

Last edited:
What I really want to know is the reliability of the flight record. In this case is fundamental, since I did not see with the eyes fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I am desperate. I have passed many times many days

Last edited by a moderator:
@juliosteadi

Do you mean that you didn't see the crash at all? Or that after the crash, you didn't see where the drone fell? Do you know whether you actually hit a tree, or could it have been something else, like a bird?

The flight record should be accurate enough to narrow down your search to a very small area - the bigger problem is if your I2 is 100' up in a tree. If you have a smartphone, or handheld GPS, you can enter the coordinates from your flight record to help you navigate.

Whether or not you find any debris on the ground near your coordinates, I really think you're going to need a 2nd drone to find your I2's exact location and work out a plan for its retrieval. That's a lot of investment to have just sitting up in a tree, especially in rainy weather.

May even need to do a search at night with another drone with a thermal camera. Sorry to hear about that!

I use a Trackimo when flying. The battery will maintain signal for 24-48 hours at 15min send. I also install a Tile so if I get close Bluetooth will help out.

Good luck finding in trees can be difficult The low res feed seems to keep recording in case of accident I have used it find my 1 v2 when I clipped tree the camera did not get as much data to chip as the FPV to tablet

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont