Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 2: Propeller Vibration & Rotor Detachment Solution

Discussion in 'Inspire 2 Discussion' started by ElectricLife, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ElectricLife

A permanent solution that plagues the DJI Inspire 2 and causes the propellers to vibrate and can eventually cause the rotors to become loose, detach or rotate, causing the Inspire 2 to crash. This patent pending solution fixes 2 issues:
    - It prevents the rotors from detaching from the craft
    - It prevents the rotors from shifting angle during flight, causing the craft from crashing
    This permanent solution is lightweight and can be mounted on any DJI Inspire2 in less than 5 minutes. Its brilliant design requires only 2 screws!
    The ultimadrone safe solution for the DJI Inspire2 is engineered and designed in Italy by atellani
    Inspire2 atellani com 0002.jpg
    Inspire2 atellani com 0001.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0003.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0004.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0005.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0006.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0007.jpg

#1 ElectricLife, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  2. slim.slamma

Coming soon?:confused:

3. ElectricLife

We need to see how much this is interesting for I2 owners and decide if we're going to produce it or not. Right now it's been engineered and prototypes are awesome.

dioriosigns likes this.
  4. slim.slamma

5. ElectricLife

Will do! We're collecting emails for the time being, but we will most likely do it.

rg155, dioriosigns and slim.slamma like this.
  6. slim.slamma

Thanks in advance:)

Prototype for me would be nice:D

7. ElectricLife

I will keep you posted.

Spread the word, it will make easier going to production fast :)

#7 ElectricLife, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    dioriosigns and slim.slamma like this.
  8. MrTVR

Has it actually been tested (with videos & documented flight) with a motor mount where the glue has totally failed?

mighty Eagle likes this.
  9. ElectricLife

No, but right now the rod keeps the two engines tied to each other. It's impossible for them to detach. they also do not rotate and therefore one engine cannot retate by itself. The I2 in the video has 10s of hours, but as of now props are being swapped for new every 1 / 2 hours of flight and before they start rattling, which is considered the main cause for failure, which I did, unfortunately, experience. Have I had this system, I would have been able to fly safe home and fix the issue (Glue / screw). As of now, the second one of those two lets go, your drone is gone for good and most of all. dangerous. there're plenty of reports of this issue.
    This was the first validation test, fitting the system only on one side. The I2 performed extremely well, even in sport mode. I did not supper any balance issue.

I am not sure I would fly around with such an expensive machine knowing one of the components is not properly attached. This system is like a parachute for the I2, given the number of accidents this is a pretty smart solution, certainly better than fixed props that require a hefty amount of work when they need to be swapped and are also very expensive (Had those too, but I eventually crashed and they broke as well). Still prefer the stock props and a safety system.

Cheney72 likes this.
  10. dioriosigns

Nice design . count me in.

11. ElectricLife

Got it, I am putting together a mailing list and will work on producing it if there's enough interest. So far, so good.

12. PortCanaveralFlorida

Don't you know "PATENT PENDING" translated to Chinese is
    "We Can Built it Cheaper" and mo'volume'cha'ching

The Editor likes this.
  13. Casey53

Looks good!

Really do not understand why DJI didn't put some screw or rivet where the mount attaches to the tube, other than cheaper assembly. I saw Cessna just got some recall for a possible crack by the FAA and would be interesting if the FAA did the same for the I2 as well since they want to control drones too. DJI should do some recall on them and do some sort of blind rivet or screw molly or something, imho, but given it's a Chinese company it may never happen (Fwiw, Local college bought a dozen large CNC machines and only 7 of the 12 worked and their maintenance guy told me they are piecing out the bad ones to get a good one to work as return freight to China makes it impractical, and they don't care once sold.). I think the Inspire 1 had a better mount connection than the "improved" (ahem!) I2.

Good luck though!

samtheparrot likes this.
  14. ElectricLife

Hopefully that won't happen. We are also working on propeller profiles that are really cool. So far 13% increased efficiency. The profiles are the result of 2 months of work at the University of Pisa...Good stuff!

15. ElectricLife

Thanks! Well, we want cheap things, but they we get what we paid for, CNC machines made in Germany are probably twice as expensive, but have better assistance and reliability. It's an open market, nobody forces us to buy Chinese products. this said, I still love DJI. for a Chinese company they're quite impressive! Even Apple make phones with faulty antennas, don't they?

16. Fickert

Very interesting concept! May I ask the material of the rod? V

Funkmaster Stan likes this.
  17. ElectricLife

thanks, the prototype is aluminum, but we have not decided yet what the final material is going to be.

18. photobeauty

I plan to follow up on your invention with a good possibility I will purchase a set for my inspire 2.

19. ElectricLife

Thanks, glad you might be onboard!

20. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I have mentioned to you before about embedding affiliated links within your posts and how we do not allow them.
    Please desist from this practice (last and final warning).
    Any further embedded links like the ones I have removed will mean you take a ‘holiday’ from the forum.

Additionally, if you are going to market these accessories you need permission first (not after) posting ‘adverts’ for your products.
    We have many approved vendors on the forum who pay to be able to advertise. It would not be fair to any of them if we allow you to market goods/services for free.