Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 regular LiPo "caddy" - getting close to public release

Reaction score
Website
www.skycam.ee
Heyy,

probably about a year ago we finally had it enough with TB50 batteries on Inspire 2 - proper FPV camera installed lead to more aggressive flying and we started getting a lot of that "Power output limited to protect batteries" error - that's when the project kicked off.

In the very first version we had to disassemble TB50 and re-use original BMS, but version we're releasing now has fully in-house developed and programmed pseudo-BMS to support almost any LiPo 6S battery ("pseudo" because it's actually more like an interface between regular LiPo and Inspire 2, which expects telemetry data in certain format - not Battery Management System)

Give us your questions, so that I can update FAQ by the time we will be publishing pre-order link :)

Nice one!
an interface between regular LiPo and i2, really amazing.

i use LiPo 6s batteries in stack for lifters
wich specs are yours ? C-rating and so on/

Nice one!
an interface between regular LiPo and i2, really amazing.

i use LiPo 6s batteries in stack for lifters
wich specs are yours ? C-rating and so on/
We use same as on our cinelifters (Tattu 4000-4500/95C), but CNHL 4000 40C also work nicely. With the only issue that our CNHL's now only take about 3400mah, so it's not really 4000 :))) But at a price tag of 50EUR it's fine and we get 10+ minutes of flight time with X7 ..

I saw a similar video on one of the facebook groups this week, very cool! one question I have for you is I use the power button to enter an exit travel mode due to a bug with dji go 4 and Android devices. since the drone automatically powers on with your solution would I still be able to use the power button to go in and out of travel mode with the lipo caddies?

I saw a similar video on one of the facebook groups this week, very cool! one question I have for you is I use the power button to enter an exit travel mode due to a bug with dji go 4 and Android devices. since the drone automatically powers on with your solution would I still be able to use the power button to go in and out of travel mode with the lipo caddies?
Can you point me to where you saw it? :) I wonder if that's us or someone else has also developed similar thing ..

Anyway - power button will not work to get aircraft into travel mode, it needs to "wake up" TB50's and that's where authentication is required.. Workaround right now is keeping one TB50.. Unfortunately, nothing is perfect in this world :)

So simply does not happen
Power button - no, we are not even planning to look into that, sorry..

The project started as "slight improvement" to our initial idea of ripping original TB50 apart and re-using BMS from there with 3d-printed "housing" and it took considerably more time to get where are are today already.. Trying to get into encrypted messaging - that's way beyond our expertise :)

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102