Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Remote Control Noise when Powered Off

Reaction score
I tried to search around but to no avail, just wanted to see if anyone here had the same experience. I just realized it now. I had my remote control inside my pelican case traveling all over Asia to film, got back to the states and took it out of the case and heard a very low mechanical noise (sounds like a gear moving up and down) but when you power it up it disappears and when you have it plugged in to charge there is no noise. As soon as you unplug it even when off mode you can hear the sound.

Anyone experienced the same thing? If so what is it?

Thanks.

Is there a chance you could record this noise and post a sample? I'm wondering whether it is actually electrical -- the symptoms you describe make it sound like it might be electrical (e.g. noise disappears when powered on or charging).

I've certainly not heard of this kind of fault before -- but this merely speaks to my higgerance not to my knowledge! :)

Andy

Reactions: Fidel Gonzales
Yeah the temp was around 90 degrees where I was filming - but I left Asia and it was in the case since then I am now back in California and just realized the noise when I took it out of the pelican case - flew the bird a few times no issues at at all, just flew it again about 10 minutes ago. Just odd.......I don't have a backup remote control if I need to send it back in.

Yea it has got to be the fan, very odd though, while it's possible it could be on until the temp drops it should not stay on, if it's happening all the time I can only think it's a leaky transistor on the fan control circuit, crazy odd though.

Reactions: rocstudios
Yeah I looked up images online of internals of the remote and I do not see any gears or anything but a fan, its really strange as when it is plugged in the charging unit or when the remote is on - there is no whizzing up and down sound. "Mind Boggled"

Wow. I have never heard the likes of that! (Sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping for.)

What on earth could be inside an RC and making that kind of noise? It sounds very much more like a mechanical noise to me. There is a tear down page with images inside the RC. Could it be that the fan has come loose? Might be worth checking out: DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Hope that helps.
Andy

Reactions: rocstudios

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue