Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Teardown

A little slower just not in English

Thank you for posting this video! What a simple way to make the motor-mount-failure non existent. I will be doing this to my I2. Simple prevention like this goes a long way. Thanks again. Would be nice if YT had translated but as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words :)

Maybe someone who knows about carbon fiber can respond but I read in another post that drilling the tubes might cause some integrity issues:

Here's the user's comment:
That was my first idea, jesus bolt with locknut. But I was advised against it, as you would need to drill a hole through the CF halftube inside of the mount which would impact on integrity of the CF material and once you do that all bets are off. The Dronedepots beackets are expensive but well made and will do the job just fine. There might be alternative and perhaps more economical brackets on the market in the near future..

It was in this thread: Motor Mount Reinforcement Braces
Post #47.

I had planned to do the same thing, use a rivet or bolt but was afraid to do it so I modeled and printed up some clamps. I like the rivet idea though. I just can't find anyone who can confirm that it's completely safe to drill.

Maybe someone who knows about carbon fiber can respond but I read in another post that drilling the tubes might cause some integrity issues:

Here's the user's comment:
That was my first idea, jesus bolt with locknut. But I was advised against it, as you would need to drill a hole through the CF halftube inside of the mount which would impact on integrity of the CF material and once you do that all bets are off. The Dronedepots beackets are expensive but well made and will do the job just fine. There might be alternative and perhaps more economical brackets on the market in the near future..

It was in this thread: Motor Mount Reinforcement Braces
Post #47.

I had planned to do the same thing, use a rivet or bolt but was afraid to do it so I modeled and printed up some clamps. I like the rivet idea though. I just can't find anyone who can confirm that it's completely safe to drill.
It’s a tough call for a little extra peace of mind, after looking inside at how and where the glue is placed, drilling is the best option.

I don’t worry much over warranty, a crash is a crash. It’s on the pilot under any circumstances:mad:

If you look inside the arm, solutions become simplified, from the outside it’s hard to get a fix:confused:

This is a Home Depot fix:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk