Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Unlock not working with CS 7.85, but it works with iPhone?

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm quite perplexed at an issue I ran into today. Looking to unlock a blue zone and I use DJI fly safe. When I upload to aircraft from Crystal sky it still does not let me takeoff. But when I plug in my iPhone into Cendence controller, I can takeoff just fine!! Any clue as to what is going on with Crystal sky not unlocking?

As a bonus, after getting the OK to fly with iPhone plugged in I unplug the iPhone put crystal sky back in and I can fly just fine as long as I do not check the unlocking in the settings menu. As soon as I check the settings menu, I can no longer takeoff!!

Any insight is appreciated !

Interesting… not certain, with my I2’s I no longer fuss with DJI’s GeoZone… 2 purchases, 1 to each craft and now fully unlocked. The Inspire 2 is particularly nice since the last FW update is applicable. You might want to check out NLD, currently 22% off coupon. Continue to simply use all Flight Apps: Android & iOS.

On the FlySafe issue… CS units are EOL 32 Bit OS units. The new GEO2 FlySafe includes the Inspire2 but uncertain the older Go4App that runs on the CS is supported. The newer Go4App for Android & iOS is fully supported. Another possible, the GEO2 by default needs an internet connection… your iphone is, not sure on CS.

If you like the CS, you’d really like the TripLtek 8” Android tablet. Brighter in Nits, higher 2560x1600 resolution, a massive performance improvement, Open OS able to install & run most Apps, remains running in heat & cold, weather tight, Newer OS 10 that includes a nice feature adding large (I use a 128GB) microSD memory to the main core storage, not as separate storage that essentially useless.

Reactions: MBrewington
Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm quite perplexed at an issue I ran into today. Looking to unlock a blue zone and I use DJI fly safe. When I upload to aircraft from Crystal sky it still does not let me takeoff. But when I plug in my iPhone into Cendence controller, I can takeoff just fine!! Any clue as to what is going on with Crystal sky not unlocking?

As a bonus, after getting the OK to fly with iPhone plugged in I unplug the iPhone put crystal sky back in and I can fly just fine as long as I do not check the unlocking in the settings menu. As soon as I check the settings menu, I can no longer takeoff!!

Any insight is appreciated !
Mine was doing the same thing. Got to a point I had to take off with the iPhone and then switch to the CS. That got old real quick and I unlocked mine permanently. Easiest best way to do it is with Drone Hacks

Reactions: jordan.craig.adk
Mine was doing the same thing. Got to a point I had to take off with the iPhone and then switch to the CS. That got old real quick and I unlocked mine permanently. Easiest best way to do it is with Drone Hacks
Yep, Drone Hacks is a great solution too!
I use Drone Hacks for the newer Mavic series & FPV, all the newer models that can't be unlocked in normal fashion via a FW hack. The DH uses a Unlock Certificate hack that appears as unlock approval. The older crafts: P4Pv2, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2... the NoLimitDronze provides a FW hack that unlocks everything without concern of certificate being removed or overwritten.

Both are great methods, although on I2 with no more FW version updates, the NLD may be a bit more stable in the long run. NLD provided the I2 FW Hack long before DH provided a Certificate, so I had my P4Pv2, Mavic & I2's done long before DH solution.

That's one advantage of older crafts... quickly within weeks after DH Certificate Hack became known, DJI closed that path with a FW version solely focused to remove Certificate Hack on newer platforms... so FW version is capped. The newer Crafts... Mavic 3 is out of luck to use known hacks.

The days of hacks around SW design is quickly narrowing... it might not happen for Mavic 3 or the upcoming Inspire 3.

Yep, Drone Hacks is a great solution too!
I use Drone Hacks for the newer Mavic series & FPV, all the newer models that can't be unlocked in normal fashion via a FW hack. The DH uses a Unlock Certificate hack that appears as unlock approval. The older crafts: P4Pv2, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2... the NoLimitDronze provides a FW hack that unlocks everything without concern of certificate being removed or overwritten.

Both are great methods, although on I2 with no more FW version updates, the NLD may be a bit more stable in the long run. NLD provided the I2 FW Hack long before DH provided a Certificate, so I had my P4Pv2, Mavic & I2's done long before DH solution.

That's one advantage of older crafts... quickly within weeks after DH Certificate Hack became known, DJI closed that path with a FW version solely focused to remove Certificate Hack on newer platforms... so FW version is capped. The newer Crafts... Mavic 3 is out of luck to use known hacks.

The days of hacks around SW design is quickly narrowing... it might not happen for Mavic 3 or the upcoming Inspire 3.
For the I2, DH uses a custom flight controller firmware to disable no fly zones. It may be different for newer drones, idk.

The NoLimitDrones guy is an a hole so I stay away from that software.

For the I2, DH uses a custom flight controller firmware to disable no fly zones. It may be different for newer drones, idk.

The NoLimitDrones guy is an a hole so I stay away from that software.
Yep, You're Correct... I jumped focus to newer crafts, and omitted to correct myself; The DH I2 hack is similar to NLD.
All newer crafts... which only DH provides is a hack via an Unlock Certificate.

I recall a few Others with similar expressions toward NLD... I personally didn't have an issue with Rep that communicated with me: David. NLD was first to provide a I2 solution so I went with them. Although, I haven't been on the NLD site for a bit since they didn't develop any hack for the newer platforms... that is only provided by DH! Personally, I like the NLD FW Hack for the older Crafts, including the I2. My last purchase with NLD was the M2P/Z "Rooted" Mainboard... currently in a static bag, I'm using the DH M2P Cert currently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84