Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with X5S gimbal stopped working with new firmware.

Reaction score
My gimbal stopped working a day after upgrading firmware. Maybe that's just a coincidence? The other day I upgraded to the newest firmware and everything worked great for a day of work. I packed everything up, hiked out and the next morning arrived at a new location and the camera / gimbal stopped working. The drone turns on, blades work, the fpv camera works but there's no image anymore and the gimbal does not initiate upon startup. I tried everything that I can think of in terms of in field fixes (aside from installing a new gimbal which I don't have as I'm in southern Iceland and the nearest store is an 8 hour drive)

I tried putting it in travel mode, taking it out of travel mode, turning it on and off with and without the gimbal hot swapping lenses, pulled both SSD and SD cards out then turning it on and off.

Could it be it's a coincidence that the gimbal just decided to stop working a day after the firmware or could this be a firmware issue?

Anyone close to me with an inspire 2 I can try to swap gimbals to see if this is the problem?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Hi Chris, sorry you are having issues. If you haven't done this already try connecting the I2 to your computer and the Assistant 2 program. Complete a factory refresh and update the firmware again. Delete the GoApp from your device and reinstall. Make sure the connections on the camera and I2 are clean and not damaged. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I completed a factory refresh but the Assistant 2 program wouldn't allow me to update the firmware again, in fact it wouldn't show me which firmware I am currently on which I thought was strange. I cleaned the connections with an alcohol swap and still no luck.

Thanks for your reply. I completed a factory refresh but the Assistant 2 program wouldn't allow me to update the firmware again, in fact it wouldn't show me which firmware I am currently on which I thought was strange. I cleaned the connections with an alcohol swap and still no luck.
This happens if you have an older version of Assistant 2. Download the latest version and it should work.

I also had this issue when I updated to the latest firmware. Luckily, I was able to solve the issue by doing a firmware reset with DJI A2 and updating to the latest firmware. Hope it’s an easy fix!

I had a similar problem, on my iPad mini,
I deleted the go4 app re installed it and camera and gimbal came back to life!
Hope this helps
RD

I also had this issue when I updated to the latest firmware. Luckily, I was able to solve the issue by doing a firmware reset with DJI A2 and updating to the latest firmware. Hope it’s an easy fix!

Thanks for that. I tried it once with no luck. I'll try it again and see if it helps.

My gimbal stopped working a day after upgrading firmware. Maybe that's just a coincidence? The other day I upgraded to the newest firmware and everything worked great for a day of work. I packed everything up, hiked out and the next morning arrived at a new location and the camera / gimbal stopped working. The drone turns on, blades work, the fpv camera works but there's no image anymore and the gimbal does not initiate upon startup. I tried everything that I can think of in terms of in field fixes (aside from installing a new gimbal which I don't have as I'm in southern Iceland and the nearest store is an 8 hour drive)

I tried putting it in travel mode, taking it out of travel mode, turning it on and off with and without the gimbal hot swapping lenses, pulled both SSD and SD cards out then turning it on and off.

Could it be it's a coincidence that the gimbal just decided to stop working a day after the firmware or could this be a firmware issue?

Anyone close to me with an inspire 2 I can try to swap gimbals to see if this is the problem?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
There’s been all kinds of problems with the newest firmware update and you are experiencing the wonderful part of DJI’s newest problems. I have had exactly the same kinds of things happening to my I2 and I have sent/called DJI about these problems with the new firmware update and the answer I continually get from them is that “they’re working on it”! I just hope that they determine what the problem is and address it quickly because at this point I am almost afraid to put my expensive Inspire 2 up in the air right now. I took mine out yesterday and had similar problems and I landed immediately so I didn’t have anything happen to it.

On this I would open a ticket and send it in a minute, something is not correct as most are fine.

Sorry just get it sent in and they should sort it.

That’s the problem I cannot roll back to any of the previous versions and if I would have known that I couldn’t I would have never updated it in the first place.

Where do I find the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 so I can get the latest version?

Update on this. I sent it in to Multi Copter Warehouse for a diagnostic and it turns out the Vibration absorbing board failed (Part 23). They said I could send it in to DJI for warranty but didn't want to wait around for 3-4 weeks to get it back so I'm paying out of pocket for the part and repair. Good news is it'll be fixed in a couple days. Once I have it back I'll rollback my firmware to an older version.

Update on this. I sent it in to Multi Copter Warehouse for a diagnostic and it turns out the Vibration absorbing board failed (Part 23). They said I could send it in to DJI for warranty but didn't want to wait around for 3-4 weeks to get it back so I'm paying out of pocket for the part and repair. Good news is it'll be fixed in a couple days. Once I have it back I'll rollback my firmware to an older version.
Good for you and I hope everything works out for ya. Now hopefully you’ll be able to fly it like it was meant to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD