Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 3???

Seriously thinking of leaving the I2 platform - the instability is too much for a photographer to take. Wondering what the alternatives are?
Seriously thinking of leaving the I2 platform - the instability is too much for a photographer to take. Wondering what the alternatives are?
I've had nothing but success with the I2 as far as stability goes. I have had, though, serious and unfixable issues with other DJI products so I feel your pain.

My fantasy I3 would be a drone that:

1. Has fully debugged software.

2. Performs as well after three years of f/w updates as it did when it was new.

3. Doesn’t have any “auto edit movie/social media ****” in it.

4. Doesn’t lose my settings with every f/w update.

5. Has props that don’t rattle.

Dream on ...
You forgot to mention: A large credit allowance for the previous DJI drones bought that weren't ready for prime time.

My fantasy I3 would be a drone that:

1. Has fully debugged software.

2. Performs as well after three years of f/w updates as it did when it was new.

3. Doesn’t have any “auto edit movie/social media ****” in it.

4. Doesn’t lose my settings with every f/w update.

5. Has props that don’t rattle.

Dream on ...
along with full-frame and 10/12 bit

Camera is already 12 and 14 bit, why would you want to go down? As for "Full Frame" it already is in the cinema world
I am already in the cinema world. The x7 is S35. Full frame is quite a bit larger. I was saying - if DJI can incorporate a FF sensor then I would like it to be at least 10 or 12 bit. I guess I'm saying that I hope the processing power would be able to sustain those bit-depths. As opposed to pushing out only 8-bit 420.

I am already in the cinema world. The x7 is S35. Full frame is quite a bit larger. I was saying - if DJI can incorporate a FF sensor then I would like it to be at least 10 or 12 bit. I guess I'm saying that I hope the processing power would be able to sustain those bit-depths. As opposed to pushing out only 8-bit 420.

If you have been working in Cinema for more than a few years you would understand you're very incorrect statement about "Full Frame" Full Frame in the cinema world is the academy aperture which is super 35. Your belief that "Full frame" is "Quite a bit larger" shows that you come from a DSLR background. That size in the cinema world is Large Format Hence the designator on the Alexa LF.

For Aerials you gain nothing by going LF. Lenses need to be bigger meaning that the Drone needs to be bigger

DJI Understands this and is not going in that direction

Actually the discussion is/was about digital aquistion. When I mention FF I'm clearly talking about sensor size and NOT Full Gate as this is certainly not a forum about film - of which I have 30 years of experience in. For people reading these posts and wish to dig deeper within the cinema world there are discussions in a few other forums - CML is a good start. All digital cameras that we deal with here give a lens conversion factor for the standards of APS-C and FF (as introduced, I believe, by the Canon 5D). Don't get me wrong, I have no idea why that became a reference standard but it did. I prefer M43 if there's no one pulling focus, for standard aerial establishing shots. I also prefer ANYTHING over 8-bit. But for narrative applications I would think that there might be in the future a full frame sensor for narrative aerial use. That would make drone usage much more attractive on set. Footage (film term!) from a large sensor would match that of the non-drone cameras used in production that have much less depth of field due to their S35 size. Also the ability to crop within a high res FF sensor and/or tracking within the frame in post as well as setting a wider frame for applying a stabilization post filter, if needed. My statement was a simple one and was hoping it would've been read at face value. Already mentioned previously: "...I'm already in the cinema world." You must've passed that one by! But for me it was actually like a little homecoming to hear your reference to FF in film cameras.

Please let me add! All of the 'reframe' and 'cropping' properties a larger/higher res sensor has to offer is solely based on a lower res (1920 x 1080) timeline output.

Actually the discussion is/was about digital aquistion. When I mention FF I'm clearly talking about sensor size and NOT Full Gate as this is certainly not a forum about film - of which I have 30 years of experience in.

Could you please pick one, Full Gate is academy and Super 35 is full frame.

almost 40 years in the cinema world and on a few boards, run some tech committees and consult for several camera manufactures and Lens Manufactures

Could you please pick one, Full Gate is academy and Super 35 is full frame.

almost 40 years in the cinema world and on a few boards, run some tech committees and consult for several camera manufactures and Lens Manufactures
very little to almost zero experience here, consulting friends on how to change my phone settings to take selfme's, but loving all the new terminology / buzzwords I'm seeing... ?

If someone wants to get stupid rich figure out the coding, make payloads compatible and the entire world would be copacetic haha

Lets just fantasize for a moment about the perfect Inspire 3.....

1. It will be just as expensive as the Inspire 2....this will make a flood of Inspire 2's on the market for very affordable pricing.

2. The x7 will work on both.....meaning that if you already have an Inspire 2, you can get just the I3 body and use it on both....like a backup system.

3. They will come out with the TB90 battery that will work better on the I3...but still double the flight time on your I2 because it does work, but not as efficiently as the I3.

4. When you wear the DJI goggles, and you fly the I3....you see dancing in the corner Marilyn Monroe!!!!!

OK...wake up....fantasy over!!!!

:D

i think the next thing we see is an Inspire 2.5 - upgraded motors with more power and ocusync - very little change to the overall appearance, we will be still using tb50 and x7 but maybe x8 might be around the corner and hopefully tb90 works out :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84