Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire as an Octo

We just need the cheap DJI version. Stacking the motors with a center shaft design like this was my point. It would allow the Inspire to fly as an Octocopter with the redundancy it desperately needs, while keeping much of the same basic design. Add battery and FC redundancy and you have a winner.

We just need the cheap DJI version. Stacking the motors with a center shaft design like this was my point. It would allow the Inspire to fly as an Octocopter with the redundancy it desperately needs, while keeping much of the same basic design. Add battery and FC redundancy and you have a winner.
That type of redundancy doesn't help very much for a bird strike.

Shotover, where buying a helicopter looks cheap by comparison! :D

I have doubts about that design. I see lots of friction and bearing issues. And I can't tell if that will be better or worse for coaxial efficiency.

I have doubts about that design. I see lots of friction and bearing issues. And I can't tell if that will be better or worse for coaxial efficiency.

Solvable problems, but more complexity for sure. The Inspire landing gear config is unique and really great and compact but leaves no other place for an additional 4 motors without a complete overhaul.

They could theoretically add two additional motors mid-ship by placing them upside down under the T-bar facing down.

Otherwise, to get redundancy I think you have to completely redesign the aircraft.

Last edited:

probably that is why their system was used in hollywood movies. check out the site and credits.
on the other hand this coax version is a tick better since there is no boom in the way of the upper prop. nice concept. generally as far as i know, coax has an estimated effisency loss of 30% compared to the round -standard frames.- i am talking about the normal coax not the shotover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotover has great credentials but there's plenty of people shooting features with much more cost effective equipment.

Including my two Gryphon Dynamics X8s. :D

And speaking of coaxial efficiency, my X8s are about as efficient as my old S900 with the E1200 motors but with better handling and less vibration. Granted, they were more expensive and took longer to build and tune.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84