Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire B vs. D

Reaction score
quick question: I can get a new rev B for a good price or pay about 500 more for a rev D. Other than the QR props and the modified landing gear.... Is it worth spending 500 on that gear, as I prefer the old locking props more anyway.

quick question: I can get a new rev B for a good price or pay about 500 more for a rev D. Other than the QR props and the modified landing gear.... Is it worth spending 500 on that gear, as I prefer the old locking props more anyway.
In a word - No.
Nothing wrong with rev B - and the threaded props with locks are safer anyway since they offer a level of redundancy.

There may be more differences we dont know because DJI has reasons not to publish them. At least many B had a problem with vibrating arms which was the reason that the landing gear mechanism was changed.

There may be more differences we dont know because DJI has reasons not to publish them. At least many B had a problem with vibrating arms which was the reason that the landing gear mechanism was changed.

i dont think the loose arms and landing gear(worm drive) mechanism have anything to do with one another. the arms are tightened/shimmed internally in the shell clamps.

Yes but if you tightened them that the vibration disappeared the landing mechanism didnt work anymore.

is there any sure way to tell what version you have? ive seen lots of conflicting opinions on the matter but never any definite official way to tell the difference 100% for sure.

Reactions: Kauaigene
the worm drive area has been changed, and it is the only real change I know of. the linkage is different, but none better or worse.

a lot of brand new technolgy comes out with the best stuff first, then they see where they can save $ in production.

a lot of brand new technolgy comes out with the best stuff first, then they see where they can save $ in production.

Yes and so are the DJI changes but they safe $ at warranty returns not at material. DJI has a very high warranty quote and everything they change at the inspire or restrict in their software is to get this cost down and outdraw some failure reasons which lead to a warranty claim.

Old thread, but i thought about these things when i was about to buy my I1 as well, but now i have understood that the differences between A/B/C/D are so small and non important so you don't have to care about which version you get, maybe that the A version legs are different in quality from the others, i don't know.
But the other versions are practically similar, the B and C versions can be fitted with the QR props anyway.
And about the different landing gear mechanism on the D model i have heard that it was changed because its cheaper for DJI to use that particular mechanism and that the quality is not better than the old ones.
Now if we are talking about the Inspire 1 V2.0 then we can start to talk about differences with the stronger motors etc, but not even that one has too many different functions. But that one is another story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk