Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire camera 360° ??

Reaction score
Website
www.phat.hu
Hello guys,

I was wondering why the camera is not rotating the 360°.
Why isn´t it able to turn a full 360° since it has no cables only contacts...

strange.

any thoughts?

m

How do you know it doesn't have cables? Have you taken one of the gimbals apart? - Just curious.

It has a mechanical rotational range of 330 degrees so my guess is it isn't using slip rings.

I didn´t and I am guessing the same (no slip ring... ) I was just wondering that my DYS gimbal for the gorpo for about a 140 euros has a slipring and it´s just hard to belive that a 550 USD unit can´t rotate round at least once only to 330°...

for 3 grand and a (like it´s said) proffessional unit this should be a "normal" feature so my camera man would not have to hassle and ask me not to make more than what he can move with the camera...

My thought of not having cables was that the attaching point is also chip contacts so I figured that the connection also could be some sort of probably "cable -less" connection which would be very much possible. I haven´t touched the unit in this manner and also not planing to. maybe (I forgot his name- who bought a broken one and is tearing it apart) could give us some insight on that topic...

m

why do they say in this video that the camera is 360°???
or am i misunderstaning something.

I know but why do they say then, in the video that it´s 360° and not 330°
I am just curious why they don´t specify it upfront. I checked the specs too and I also saw the 330° ... I just think it´s strange. that´s all.

It's 360° in the sense that it will go right round, one complete revolution (and more) - just not from the straight ahead position.

Either that or the guys from that (independent) site who made the video simply made a mistake / didn't understand correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44