Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire controller GL658A versus GL658B - Urgent

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am currently locked in a battle with my supplier about several things, one of which is the fact that I purchased a dual controller Inspire but was in fact supplied with a single controller Inspire, to which they added an additional controller.
The original kit was supplied with a GL658B controller, which is the correct one for my version of the Inspire. The additional one which was added was a GL658A which is the previous controller version.
I am led to believe that the GL658B has an increase in transmission power over the GL658A. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are there any other differences internally?
An answer from anyone, especially DJI would be greatly appreaciated.
Many thanks

I have all 3 versions, A, B, and C. Can't really see any difference in range. I've interchanged them with my different quads, Inspires and Matrice, doesn't seem to matter. However, I'm aware that the latest C versions and 1510 models are supposed to have greater range, can't prove it by me.

There is a power difference between the models. DJI is not discussing their reasons behind the change.

Hi Guys,
I am currently locked in a battle with my supplier about several things, one of which is the fact that I purchased a dual controller Inspire but was in fact supplied with a single controller Inspire, to which they added an additional controller.
The original kit was supplied with a GL658B controller, which is the correct one for my version of the Inspire. The additional one which was added was a GL658A which is the previous controller version.
I am led to believe that the GL658B has an increase in transmission power over the GL658A. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are there any other differences internally?
An answer from anyone, especially DJI would be greatly appreaciated.
Many thanks

Whr do you find what model you have...?

There is deffinatley a difference between the GL658A and GL658B controllers. Below are the FCC authorisation certificates for both the GL658A controller (the first certificate) and the GL658B.
There is clearly a certified difference in the output wattage.
The bizzar thing is that the GL658A has an ouput of 0.37 watts, whereas its replacement the GL658B has an output of only 0.01483 watts. A lower wattage, that doesn't make sense???
I can post the full report rather than the certificate if anyone of a more technical background would like to delve deeper, but I would love to know why DJI replaced the controller with one of a lower wattage.

GL658A
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 12.26.42.png

GL658B
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 12.29.21.png

Pretty certain those are just due to a different method being used for both measurements, and nothing's actually different.

Hi,
Please check out the approval certificates. Output watts are output watts there is no difference in the way they're measured. As I say, if you want to see the full, lengthy report, I can post the links. No offence but it is very technical and all you or I really need to know is contained in the certificates.

That is correct, I haven't even checked them out and am not really interested in what they are. If you look at the beginning of this thread you will understand why.

There is deffinatley a difference between the GL658A and GL658B controllers. Below are the FCC authorisation certificates for both the GL658A controller (the first certificate) and the GL658B.
There is clearly a certified difference in the output wattage.
The bizzar thing is that the GL658A has an ouput of 0.37 watts, whereas its replacement the GL658B has an output of only 0.01483 watts. A lower wattage, that doesn't make sense???
I can post the full report rather than the certificate if anyone of a more technical background would like to delve deeper, but I would love to know why DJI replaced the controller with one of a lower wattage.

GL658A
View attachment 5194

GL658B
View attachment 5195
So one remote more 20 time more range? That don't seem rite. I have a B and I have gone 2 1/2 miles. The A remote has Togo a crazy amount of distance that I've haven't seen yet. Them number not adding up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian