Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"INSPIRE FPV?" I stumbled into a solution

Reaction score
Maybe this is old news.. Maybe not and my awesome level will go up a few points. I mainly fly Freestyle FPV..5 inch and 7inch quads are my favorite.. Tiny whoops around the yard. But I'm dipping my toes in the DJI inspire pool.. No matter what side of the drone tracks you reside on... DJI Camera drone guy or Freestyle /Race quad gangsta.. Thee is no denying the Inspire is a bad mofo. When I found one for $900 bucks tax time. Buhuhuhuh... It was Goin in the hangar. I'm rambling.. Sorry. But I still wanna fly fpv with it. Goggles on. DJI punked out with the fpv goggles V2, despite the rumors and false. Promises. Litchi, God love it, is laggy as hell.. Severe latency. But when cleaning my workshop recently l noticed my old Skyzone goggles.. I'm taking the first set they put out that I know of... had a micro HDMI port. "SAY WHAT?!?!!" SO I ordered an mini HDMI to Micro HDMI cable, Amazon prime style. Got it the next day. Plugged it into the mini HDMI PORT ON THE controller and the micro end into my Skyzones, and low and behold, Inspire FPV WITH OSD/TELEMETRY!! WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?! Low latency for what it is...DJI.. We don't need you or your fancy little V2 goggles... Umm yes we do... You make Freestyle FPV so perfect and specisl... Buy in this case (Mod Removed) Guys!!! Boooyah!!!! . Mic drop!

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_031854076.jpg
    IMG_20220314_031854076.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220314_031906029.jpg
    IMG_20220314_031906029.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220314_033157516.jpg
    IMG_20220314_033157516.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this is old news.. Maybe not and my awesome level will go up a few points. I mainly fly Freestyle FPV..5 inch and 7inch quads are my favorite.. Tiny whoops around the yard. But I'm dipping my toes in the DJI inspire pool.. No matter what side of the drone tracks you reside on... DJI Camera drone guy or Freestyle /Race quad gangsta.. Thee is no denying the Inspire is a bad mofo. When I found one for $900 bucks tax time. Buhuhuhuh... It was Goin in the hangar. I'm rambling.. Sorry. But I still wanna fly fpv with it. Goggles on. DJI punked out with the fpv goggles V2, despite the rumors and false. Promises. Litchi, God love it, is laggy as hell.. Severe latency. But when cleaning my workshop recently l noticed my old Skyzone goggles.. I'm taking the first set they put out that I know of... had a micro HDMI port. "SAY WHAT?!?!!" SO I ordered an mini HDMI to Micro HDMI cable, Amazon prime style. Got it the next day. Plugged it into the mini HDMI PORT ON THE controller and the micro end into my Skyzones, and low and behold, Inspire FPV WITH OSD/TELEMETRY!! WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?! Low latency for what it is...DJI.. We don't need you or your fancy little V2 goggles... Umm yes we do... You make Freestyle FPV so perfect and specisl... Buy in this case (Mod Removed) Guys!!! Boooyah!!!! . Mic drop!
You just discovered something I've known and used for years. The little "dirty secret" of the Inspire 1 is that little HDMI port. It's just another feature that takes it out of the "toy box" and makes it a useful TOOL for cinematography. No more struggling to see your iPad screen in direct sunlight!

I use Fatshark Dominator V2 goggles and have for YEARS. They have a built-in exhaust fan to vent sweat off of the lens. I've had them so long that I just replaced the 5-year-old battery about a month ago.

And as you've discovered, you get full onscreen telemetry, INCLUDING tilt angle, which is GREAT for determining if the Inspire is struggling in high wind. You can line up that little diamond to bring her home if you get lost out there somehow. The telemetry is so good that you almost don't even need the iPad. Unfortunately, a tablet is still required to clear the MicroSD card and set up the camera, etc. But it's nice to know that if anything happens to the iPad during shooting, you can immediately toss on the goggles and finish the scene.

DJI goggles....junk!....

About 2 years ago I purchased a pair of DJI goggles on Craigslist for 400 bucks. JUNK. I HATED them. They were big, fat, heavy and I couldn't focus on the screen. Yet I can focus with no problems in the Dominators. I immediately relisted the DJI goggles on Craigslist and was able to recoup my $400.

Just beware that you need to keep direct sunlight away from the lenses, as they will melt the LCD screens (or so I've been told). Sounds plausible to me so I'm very careful to keep them covered when not in use. If I'm outside and casually set them down I always make sure the lenses are facing North-ish away from the Sun.

Good luck!

D

What model of Skyzone?

I'm assuming any FPV goggles with an HDMI in would work?

Not knowing anything about FPV, what other goggles would work?

so if i have a inspire 1 can a get this set up for fpv fairly easy

Fat shark DVR FPV goggles VR 2520 I have know idea what having a pair of goggles is like so if i found a used pair like these would they work with inspire 1 v2 easy enough

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart