Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire latest FW still got signal issues.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm really getting fed up, I stupidly updated my FW to 1.08 last month on one of my inspires, since them I've been having the dreaded signal loss issues and after rolling back the FW on the controller and the aircraft I could not get them to bind correctly, I had to re-install 1.08 to get it working again. I ended up grounding the aircraft as it's just not safe to fly like that.
Today I updated to 1.09 and it's even worse! After a short test flight out to 150m only I lost signal 3 times, once at my feet after landing!! This is ridiculous, it's unusable as it is.
Has anyone got any suggestions at all to improve the situation?
Luckily I have a backup inspire on an earlier FW that still works perfectly but I want to get this one back in the air too.

Are you just loosing video link or is it loosing connection with the transmitter?

I had video link issues that I blamed on new firmware. after uninstalling and reinstalling with no help and loosing connection like you right beside I started inspecting hardware. I noticed that 2 of the pins where the camera mounts to the gimbal where bent. replaced and all my problems resolved.

If it was a firmware problem then everyone would be crying. In all these situations the one constant is the firmware, all downloaded from DJI'S servers. The other factor is the Inspire itself, which will vary in model, bumps, hard landings or bent pins or the like. So the firmware is not the problem but how the AC integrates to it. Blaming the firmware is not the answer or the problem as many, many are using the firmware without problem. If nothing is visibly out of place then I suggest you return to DJI for examination.

Reactions: slim.slamma
You should change the Subject of this thread and include the version number you are talking about, otherwise it get's confusing with the next releases.

Where are you usually flying? Try to make another test a few miles away, check signal strength and quality, also calibrate IMU. Don't forget to calibrate your RC.

Another point could be the settings in your Go App, go back to factory default with a reset.

Chris

If it was a firmware problem then everyone would be crying. In all these situations the one constant is the firmware, all downloaded from DJI'S servers. The other factor is the Inspire itself, which will vary in model, bumps, hard landings or bent pins or the like. So the firmware is not the problem but how the AC integrates to it. Blaming the firmware is not the answer or the problem as many, many are using the firmware without problem. If nothing is visibly out of place then I suggest you return to DJI for examination.

I didn't blame the FW, I said that since updating the FW I have had issues. I'm aware how it works and you are quite correct, the variable in this case is the AC, the first thing I did was visually inspect in great detail any possible hardware fault and have found nothing out of place.
Yes many many people are flying with the latest FW with no issues but there is a small minority that are having exactly the same issues as myself and the next logical step for me is to ask on the forums for advice. If that advice is to send it back to DJI without trying something else I'll ask elsewhere as my AC is not under warranty and I'm totally skint. Thanks anyway.

Hi Folks,
I'm really getting fed up, I stupidly updated my FW to 1.08 last month on one of my inspires, since them I've been having the dreaded signal loss issues and after rolling back the FW on the controller and the aircraft I could not get them to bind correctly, I had to re-install 1.08 to get it working again. I ended up grounding the aircraft as it's just not safe to fly like that.
Today I updated to 1.09 and it's even worse! After a short test flight out to 150m only I lost signal 3 times, once at my feet after landing!! This is ridiculous, it's unusable as it is.
Has anyone got any suggestions at all to improve the situation?
Luckily I have a backup inspire on an earlier FW that still works perfectly but I want to get this one back in the air too.
OK, I assume you are talking the video feed and not loss of control signal?
If it is the video feed that is disconnecting and you have checked (and double checked both the gimbal connection pins on the AC and the connection plate on the gimbal for alignment issues and or dirty contacts) then I would suggest you try a reset of your RC by.....
Make sure aircraft is off
Turn master remote to "Off" then put it back to "Master" (assuming a two remote set up)
Then Press the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the RC.
Keeping the C1 + C2 + shutter buttons pressed turn on the RC.
This should reset your transmitter
If that doesn't solve it.......
Roll back your firmware on your RC, then delete the app from you tablet entirely.
Redownload and install the app, then upgrade to the most recent RC firmware again. You may have to rebind your aircraft after this.
Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: turramin
OK, I assume you are talking the video feed and not loss of control signal?
If it is the video feed that is disconnecting and you have checked (and double checked both the gimbal connection pins on the AC and the connection plate on the gimbal for alignment issues and or dirty contacts) then I would suggest you try a reset of your RC by.....
Make sure aircraft is off
Turn master remote to "Off" then put it back to "Master" (assuming a two remote set up)
Then Press the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the RC.
Keeping the C1 + C2 + shutter buttons pressed turn on the RC.
This should reset your transmitter
If that doesn't solve it.......
Roll back your firmware on your RC, then delete the app from you tablet entirely.
Redownload and install the app, then upgrade to the most recent RC firmware again. You may have to rebind your aircraft after this.
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. Yes it's video signal not control signal thats the issue.
Terrible weather this week means I wont be able to test it for a while but as soon as I do I'll report back.
In the meantime I have checked all hardware including the gimbal connector pins in great detail, they are fine, all clean, firm and straight, I've also swapped the vibration plate and gimbal connector with my other working inspire so I can eliminate that potential issue. I'll do a test flight with that first before going for the reset.
Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds