Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire One Pro Black

I will have to admit I like the look of the black but, have a few questions. The images shown above shows one with the old screw on props but, with a carbon fiber hydrodip on the white parts while the one on DJI page appears to simply be painted black; are these simply mockups for what will eventually be sold? Also, I live in a area that gets rather hot in the summer; what, if any, impact will this have on operational temperatures of the equipment? Simply leaving my iPhone in the sun here for more than a few minutes activates the heat warning. I can't help but believe the black cover on the battery top and airframe will heat up the electronic components they house. I like the look but, is it of any value?

Reactions: CoolMetal
The first image has been deleted and appeared to be a DIY job.

New image shows actual craft.

The new Inspire 1 page talks about more efficient motors and ESCs, have this changed or are they refering to the 3510H?

i'd rather want to get upgrade possibility for my first gen underdesigned inspire 1 - better motors and esc with 3rd gen proplocks. :) that would be much more useful then another quad i don't want to buy because my first gen cost the same when i got it. the money is spare parts anyway so it would - at least to me - make more sense to make that available first. i am not a hipster and refuse to get every new **** that is thrown on the market. looks nice, probably flyes the same but useless for the ones that own one and invested with a lot of money at stake.
my 2 c

p.s.: no offense meant to anyone, just a little frustrated. above all it started snowing and we have -8 C * :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: james tulloch
Yep I know what you mean but it does look nice;)

I'm soooo happy with my I1 & still to this day getting used to it. I'm not bothered about small mods that I can upgrade I'm just happy with the way it is. Same as buying a new car I don't upgrade parts but after a couple of years I get a new one, same as what I would do with a new inspire.

Same with anything you buy these days, at the time it's the top of the range but give it a couple of months it's out dated but does the same thing.;)

Reactions: John Robins
I will have to admit I like the look of the black but, have a few questions. The images shown above shows one with the old screw on props but, with a carbon fiber hydrodip on the white parts while the one on DJI page appears to simply be painted black; are these simply mockups for what will eventually be sold? Also, I live in a area that gets rather hot in the summer; what, if any, impact will this have on operational temperatures of the equipment? Simply leaving my iPhone in the sun here for more than a few minutes activates the heat warning. I can't help but believe the black cover on the battery top and airframe will heat up the electronic components they house. I like the look but, is it of any value?

I would have to agree. That color, while looking pretty tough, would have to gather heat a lot quicker.

Reactions: gregdd
I have completed an exhaustive and complex analysis of the full spec sheet differences with the Pro and listed all the changes below for your perusal and detailed consideration:

Black.

Lol,

So going by your analysis I would say it's going to be roughly the same price as the pro, give or take a few quid;)

Inspire one Pro Black becoming availible.
View attachment 5438
View attachment 5437
Be aware that the black canopy is molded in black and won't affect GPS signals.
If you paint your white canopy, you will be putting a layer of "interference" between the Inspire and the satellites. Probably not enough to make a difference, but you never know, especially if you use metallic paint.
Also, black heats up quicker and in the summer or hot temperatures, the components will heat up faster. In Winter conditions, it will help.
To me, the white stands out better anyway and in warm conditions, which will be most of the time, it will fly cooler.

If you apply over 20 or 30 applications of paint over your GPS unit area you may begin to see a small drop in performance. Prior to that your concerns are on a par with a meteor strike.

Keep it friendly now. No need to feel agitated.

I find it interesting that DJI is now bringing new variations of their products to market that are arguably nothing more than cosmetic or gimmick changes. Aside from saving some bucks I can't see why anyone would want their new P3 4K and this new variant of the Inspire which really only gives you a different color.

Reactions: Phatzo
I have found a black bird is harder to see with mountains or trees in the back ground and only 500 ft away it almost disappeared.
The black looks bad *** and I almost covered one of the birds with all black carbon fiber look,
Glad I didn't

I find it interesting that DJI is now bringing new variations of their products to market that are arguably nothing more than cosmetic or gimmick changes. Aside from saving some bucks I can't see why anyone would want their new P3 4K and this new variant of the Inspire which really only gives you a different color.
So you would buy a new car and not care what colour it is? Interesting.Not everything is about saving money. I buy things that i like.

Reactions: Jimmer
I"m certainly just taking an educated guess here but I believe the reason for the black color will be announced as a photo/cine issue as black will cut off any reflections when shooting and in particular, close-ups indoors or around a lot of structures..Make sense?

The more light the object absorbs, the more heat absorbed since light is energy. If you consider it a color, black absorbs the most heat. A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none.Objects that are white, on the other hand, reflect all wavelengths of light and therefore absorb the least heat.

I"m certainly just taking an educated guess here but I believe the reason for the black color will be announced as a photo/cine issue as black will cut off any reflections when shooting and in particular, close-ups indoors or around a lot of structures..Make sense?
Hmmm... not really. I just think it looks great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla