Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire Price Drop

Reaction score
Looks like the same technique used for Phantom sales before they rolled out the P4 model.
I think that they may be adapting the P4 technology to a new line of Inspires.
What are your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hopefully. I just got licenced, so looking at upgrading from the P3 to try impress clients and use the X5 with better lens options.
I'm really hoping for a lightbridge 2 style setup - pilot camera separate video feed so I can fly with the 45mm lens and still have some periferal vision! Obstical avoidance would be nice if your taking your eyes off it too much, but I'd prefer pilot cam. Never needed obstical avoidance on my p3!

Strategically, it needs to be a major Inspire upgrade so, I expect to see the new Inspire 2 platform to come out with current camera and gimbal on the Pro but, with obstacle avoidance and the other software features now available in the P4. Perhaps some additional physical refinements.

Don't expect any major upgrade to the Inspire line until the end of the year. The P4 just came out and the V2 Inspire, though only a modest update, is only a few months old.

Also, it would be wise for DJI to wait and see how the P4 does both in sales and in performance and reliability and how well the collision avoidance tech actually works. No point duplicating the P4 system if they have problems and you won't know for sure how things are working for a number of months.

In fact, I would not be surprised if the next actual upgrade to the Inspire wasn't more than a year off from now.

Brian

Reactions: Osman Alsamani
Also, it would be wise for DJI to wait and see how the P4 does both in sales and in performance and reliability and how well the collision avoidance tech actually works. No point duplicating the P4 system if they have problems and you won't know for sure how things are working for a number of months.

Brian

Shouldn't they have performed QC testing already to know how well it works :p

Strategically, it needs to be a major Inspire upgrade so, I expect to see the new Inspire 2 platform to come out with current camera and gimbal on the Pro but, with obstacle avoidance and the other software features now available in the P4. Perhaps some additional physical refinements.

Don't hold your breath.

That's not how DJI does it!

Sure, and my guess is they did about as good a job as they felt appropriate, but not many complicated things are fully debugged before they start selling if for no other reason than that it's pretty tough to do that with a limited number of testers. You could dedicate many hundreds of testers and spend a year testing, but one month in the real world with actual users will tell you more than a year with hundreds of testers.

Brian

If I had a warehouse full of Inspires that are not selling I would drop the price.

If I had a warehouse full of Inspires that are not selling I would drop the price.

That does make sense as well. That being said maybe they've sold to those who could afford the high price point and now dropped the price a bit more to go after the next group who couldn't afford or justify the initial price. I still can't justify buying the Inspire V2 because the only difference between it an the P3P is just the 360 gimbal. However the Inspire Pro would be worth it just for the camera sensor size and quality.

hopefully there will be some option to retro fit some obstacle avoidance to the Inspire 1.....software or hardware........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6