Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire pro issues...

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this isn't in the correct forum directory. Wasn't sure if this belongs in the inspire 1 discussion...or here. I have also searched and do not find any other topics. So if there are...forgive me again please.

I have begun to have numerous issues since the dji firmware patch that introduced winter flight tweaks. It's getting so bad that I'm extremely tempted to downsize to a Phantom 3/4.

Yesterday I went to fly...and when turning on the craft to take it out of travel mode from the app...the app considered my inspire pro as a Phantom 3. I posted about this and it was locked as someone else had this issue. Their forum post did not solve my issue. Even still I didn't crash mine as they had theirs.

After updating the firmware...I thought it was fixed. I find out today it was not. When the camera is equipped...it is seen as an Inspire pro. Without the camera...Phantom 3. So now to put it into travel mode I have to leave the camera on...select the option...take off the camera...and then it goes into position. I can get used to that...but something has changed.

Also, today is a lovely 68 degrees outside...perfect flying weather. The app however on 2 of the 5 batteries told me that it had to cut the propulsion systems to save the battery. I saw that during winter....but not during spring/summer weather. Instantly the batteries started to drain faster. And when it notified me of this...it spammed it like 8 to 10 times.

And to add insult to injury...my 2nd battery now will not hold a charge. These batteries are about 200 a pop...I expect them to last longer than 12 flights. I store them in a dry cool place...I'm not rough with my craft...never crashed.

I just get the feeling the app is the issue...either that or the craft I have is a mess. It's never behaved this way before though.

Any ideas?

Have you tried deleting the App and re-installing it?
I have tried that 3 times now. First time without clearing cache. 2nd and 3rd time clearing cache, then going in to the android file systems and deleting everything with dji and inspire in files name. Still no change.

Called dji up...they were stumped..then tried to say it was my transmitter at fault. So after plugging in the 2nd transmitter and having the same results...as well as on 2 different devices ( note 4 and n. Shield tablet)...they were stumped again.

You don't need the app or mobile device to get in/out of travel mode, just use the switch.
overlooking the other issues...yes...when I use the switch it will not enter it into travel mode, it goes into landing mode. Yes I can use it to exit out of travel mode...but I still have the same issues above which used to work fine and now dont.

...when I use the switch it will not enter it into travel mode, it goes into landing mode.
Now that is strange. Make sure it's sitting on a flat surface (not a fluffy carpet) and that you toggle it up and down at least four times, like the manual says.
This might not fix your whole problem but it's a step towards isolating the cause to find a solution.

Now that is strange. Make sure it's sitting on a flat surface (not a fluffy carpet) and that you toggle it up and down at least four times, like the manual says.
This might not fix your whole problem but it's a step towards isolating the cause to find a solution.
Yea...I did that the very first time on carpet and learned not to do that again...lol. But yea..even on solid surfaces it still wont.

So I'm going to keep updating here in case anyone else has these issues. I'm still working on why the app sees the drone as a Phantom 3. But...as far as in the batteries...I have a theory.

I have the dji multi-charger for charging my 4 + 1 batteries. How this device is supposed to work is you plug up the 4 batteries...and each battery is charged 1 at a time.

So yesterday I did something different. I charged all the batteries 1 at a time on the regular charger...not the multicharger. I flew them all. Not only did it appear to fly longer on each battery...but the 2 that I figured were not holding a charge we no problem at all.

This leads me to suspect that either the multi-charger is bugged...or defective. Anyone else experience this?

Not experiencing any issues with my multi charger or lack of holding a charge.
However, I updated the the recent firmware and it updated the X5 to 1.4.0.70 (current) but the aircraft to 1.6.00.40 (which DJI told me is for the Inspire 1) I keep getting a 'Failed' result in my .txt file but the GO app says everything is current.
My issue before the update was/is not getting a video signal. Copter flys fine, can see camera exposure values, take photos (but can not review on the app), but there is no video signal.
DJI sent me an RMA but I need my copter for a large project next week. They also sent me a check list of items to trouble shoot but none have worked.
Anyone else showing wrong firmware version for copter or video loss?

However, I updated the the recent firmware and it updated the X5 to 1.4.0.70 (current) but the aircraft to 1.6.00.40 (which DJI told me is for the Inspire 1) I keep getting a 'Failed' result in my .txt file but the GO app says everything is current.
My issue before the update was/is not getting a video signal. Copter flys fine, can see camera exposure values, take photos (but can not review on the app), but there is no video signal.
DJI sent me an RMA but I need my copter for a large project next week. They also sent me a check list of items to trouble shoot but none have worked.
Never seen that before :(

Reactions: Frazier

Did you ever get your issue resolved? If so, what was it?

Thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin