Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire RC 1.5.80 firmware update

Reaction score
I just did the RC firmware update marked as critical via the DJI GO app,I really wish they would give release notes.

What did they fix, add or restrict?

Just spoke again with dji customer support. Apparently this firmware release, for the RC, was sent out on 3/7/16 but I just received notification as of this afternoon (OLD FW V. 1.5.70 / NEW FW V. 1.5.80). The dji support line rep. said that the "notes hadn't yet been released from China" and he didn't know when they would be released.

Did the update via Dji GO Android - now left with "No signal" - anyone else?

After this I tried to access the Inspire with a iPad Mini. In Dji GO - the Inspire now shows up as a Phantom 4 (!).

Hell - I just want to make a living with my drone - I do NOT need these endless hazzles created by DJI with their cumbersome zillions of upgrades. Time for a Yuneec Typhon H - have had the Q500 Typhoon 4K for 6 months. Had 1 (!!) very minorupdate to it, and has flown 100% predictable during these months.

Furthermore I have 1 DJI battery with 5 charges that reports "broken cell" - QC and Customer Service is a city in Russia what DJI concerns. Well - they WILL be loosing customers now when other manufacturers pick up the pace ... Typhoon H is with 6 motors, redundancy so it can fly with 5 and a price tag of USD 1299. And service is excellent - and parts available.
I hadn't ment to rant like this, but I'm totally p..... off right now!

And no release notes for professional users (yes, I'm a certified UAS pilot) is quite simply a joke!!!

Got an Inspire 1 x3. Had a similar problem on Android where update failed then it wouldn't do anything no matter how often I uninstalled and re-installed the app (and cleared data / cache). I connected my wife's ipad which only gave me the option of a phantom 3 professional but thought I'd try it. Downloaded ok then came up with an RC FPGA failure alert after a few % but as it was installing I thought better to wait until it stopped - which it did after 100% and said installation successful.

Switched everything off and on again and all good on both android and ipad, though yet to flight test - result?

Got an Inspire 1 x3. Had a similar problem on Android where update failed then it wouldn't do anything no matter how often I uninstalled and re-installed the app (and cleared data / cache). I connected my wife's ipad which only gave me the option of a phantom 3 professional but thought I'd try it. Downloaded ok then came up with an RC FPGA failure alert after a few % but as it was installing I thought better to wait until it stopped - which it did after 100% and said installation successful.

Switched everything off and on again and all good on both android and ipad, though yet to flight test - result?

Don't forget to do a full calibration! IMU & compass!

Chris

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the advice - tried that to no avail ... Had a LOOOOONG chat with DJI support in US - they wasn't able to help - suggested all the things I had tried before contacting them - and ended with a message taht I should send the bird and the rc to support in Europe (probably for my cost) because of a faulty RC upgrade that DJI enforced upon us. I'm absolutely disgusted over this. Meanwhile I will advise ALL Inspire owners to be very cautious about this update. There are NO more communication between the bird and the rc - not even selection of video channelse can be made. Tried to deinstall dji go on both iPad and Android, reinstall new versions - not possible to link/bind them at all. This is a(nother) blunder from DJI.

Reactions: VFTECH
HurrraaAAAHHHH...

See this thread: Dji Go App will not recognise Inspire aircraft

Did what was suggested - connected the tablet to a computer and deleted the left-over DJI folder, reinstalled DJI GO from Play Store, did the upgrade - and voila - bird and rc could connect! Now, WHY on earth don't DJI Support know this????? This help saved me a month without drone + hundreds of Euro in transport and service. BIG THANKS to all members of this forum :)

Happy again ....

/peter

Reactions: STClassic01
HurrraaAAAHHHH...

See this thread: Dji Go App will not recognise Inspire aircraft

Did what was suggested - connected the tablet to a computer and deleted the left-over DJI folder, reinstalled DJI GO from Play Store, did the upgrade - and voila - bird and rc could connect! Now, WHY on earth don't DJI Support know this????? This help saved me a month without drone + hundreds of Euro in transport and service. BIG THANKS to all members of this forum :)

Happy again ....

/peter
Because DJI 'Tech' support know nothing about the Inspire or multirotors or RC in general. They are just telephone operators working from a script that always ends in "OK, you will have to box it up and send it in".
Glad it sorted your problem. :)

Reactions: Stephanhk
Nothing yet - I have requested full details on this update as it remains a bit of a mystery at the moment. :confused:
I had to do it in the field.
After an hour of beeping, I called them. They never heard of the problem as I was the first ever to upgrade to 1580 as it was just released within the hour when I wanted to fly the other day.
When it finally installed, it thought I had the Phantom 4. Again, no help from DJI.
I uninstalled the app yesterday and reinstalled it and it finally worked with the Inspire.
However, no video.
Shut everything off for two hours. Rebooted and video returned.
Strange. Perhaps a UFO was hovering over my house thus interfering with the video? Lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare