Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire v1 replacement motors

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a direct replacement (v1 Inspire) motors the Matrice offerings look to be a direct plug and play spare part?

They have the vertical fixing lugs the same as the Inspire and are rated as 3510 - At the moment I cannot confirm the KV rating but assuming they are 350KV and the lugs spacing matches then they would be a direct drop in replacement for the Inspire.

@FlyHighUSA - Ralph, maybe you have come accross this or could confirm they are a direct fit/replacement.

Of course DJI will deny this and tell you that you will be going straight to hell and an eternity of damnation if you replace your own motors and its all very complicated and can only be done by DJI master technicians..... but we all know that's a load of tosh :rolleyes:

If anyone can confirm they work could help a few guys out on here trying to source replacements.

For anyone looking for a direct replacement (v1 Inspire) motors the Matrice offerings look to be a direct plug and play spare part?

They have the vertical fixing lugs the same as the Inspire and are rated as 3510 - At the moment I cannot confirm the KV rating but assuming they are 350KV and the lugs spacing matches they they would be a direct drop in replacement for the Inspire.

@FlyHighUSA - Ralph, maybe you have come accross this or could confirm they are a direct fit/replacement.

Of course DJI will deny this and tell you that you will be going straight to hell and an eternity of damnation if you replace your own motors and its all very complicated and can only be done by DJI master technicians..... but we all know that's a load of tosh :rolleyes:

If anyone can confirm they work could help a few guys out on here trying to source replacements.

Yes as far as the physical mounting locations of both motors, I measured them and they are the exact same. I am uploading a couple pics of an Inspire motor I have in stock mounted on the Matrice arm and It fits perfectly. I also mounted the Matrice motor on the Inspire are and with the same results. I have many of these replacements in stock if anyone needs them. I have new and used the same. The used motors are all tested and in full working condition. Feel free to contact me with any questions or request. I will help as much as possible.

IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0144.JPG

Hi
I've been flying my Inspire 1 for over a year now with approx. 20 hrs flying time. Incident free. Touch wood.
Can anyone give me advice as to when to start considering motor replacement
Thanks
Conrad

They are brushless motors so the motor itself will outlast the bird most likely. The expendable part is the bearing. It will last usually somewhere around 80 hours of flight time before it can need replacing. Now that being said that isn't an exact number. It's just a good number to put in your mind. Always listen to you motors for unusual sounds and check for free play. That usually is a good sign of a bearing starting to go bad. Bearings are like people, some last longer than others. Just look , feel and listen to your motors and you will be fine.

Just had to replace 2 sets of bearings on my Inspire. It can be done on the craft if your careful, but it's basically a 2 person job. They leave just enough wire to be able to do it. On a side note, the bearings were nice and tight in their housings. Both motors the bottom bearings were at issue, but I changed all since I was there anyways. Took about 1/2 hr each motor but I was being extra careful. I replaced them with boca ceramic bearings.

Note: there was 45 hrs on my inspire, but I am at a higher altitude (3000 ft +)than many so my motors would naturally spin an additional bit faster than others flying lower altitudes. Both motors were felling a bit gritty when I was doing an inspection. I lifted the from mounts and saw one bearings sealed portion was broken and the other was same on inside once pulled.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Yup - agree with all of the above comments.
Usually 80-100 hours is what you will get out of the bearings but some will go sooner, some will last much longer.
A good habit to get into is immediately you land and shut the motors down, grab each motor with your fingers.
If any one feels warmer (noticeably) than the others it is usually a sign there is more friction happening and a worn bearing.

Reactions: mrdiverdave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianlara9389