Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Ver.1 small cracks in the rotor?

Reaction score
Good day mate.

I've been using my Inspire for 3 months now, I noticed that it acquired minor (hair-thin) crack in the base of the rotor. I was wondering it's because of the rotor's vibration since all four rotors' base have it. Is this normal? Or I should be worried? My inspire don't have any crash issues or whatsoever.

Your reply and comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you Lake_flyer for your insights.

Nope, it's not the quick locks. My Inspire is a screw-type props. I think props is not a problem but the plastic part (I don't know how to call it) where it is connected. I live in the Philippines and we don't have cold weather here.

Wow, after only 3 months?

I would ground it and show this to DJI or your dealer. This looks bad.
I recommend you don't fly with it until the parts are replaced and you found the root cause of it.

Yeah I realised it wasn't the props as soon as I saw the pictures.

Didn't you notice any vibration lately? I might just be that the plastic parts have been stored at your dealer in a very dry and cold place, or before DJI assembled your Inspire.
Did you buy it new? 3 months ago Inspires were shipped with QL's.

@lake_flyer Am not an experience pilot yet, regarding vibration.. i didn't notice any. And it's very unlikely to have an issue in all four props right?

I bought it used, but the first owner is my friend who upgraded to InspirePro. Over-all my inspire is just 6-months old.

And yeah, the original owner said it just the plastic part that covers the base of the props (he said the props are connected to the carbon fiber bar)

That's why i'm asking to the professional pilots here if this is normal or if this situation also happens to them.

Last edited:
Wow. What a relief @Chnjab Thank you for your insights. I'm a little OC when it comes to my stuff, but I guess I can manage these "crack".

Thank you to all who responded.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk