Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire?

Reaction score
So hear me out, I really need help from the inspire owners. I did purchase a 3dr solo but you can say I have been less than impressed with the rollout. Not saying this won't be a great product in the end but right now I am a little bit frustrated. I do have my gimbal but I feel it might not perform to the level I wanted. I am completely intrigued with the inspire 1. But my two concerns I am still weighing out is DJI as a company and the simplicity of the solo software that I really do enjoy. One thing I love about 3dr is their support. If there is any issues such as a fly off or equipment malfunction they are on the spot to take care of the problem and get a new unit in your hands quickly. I've only heard horror stories about dji. Second is the solo software. Yes I did take the bait on the whole smart drone concept. I truly love the smart shots. It is such a simple system to use. But even with all that it seems like the inspire is by far the better performing drone and worth the extra money. For example the ability to change cameras as technology develops is huge, that's a reason I first went solo. So I'm left to ask this to people to truly know, what are your thoughts on Dji and their customer service? Is it improving? What would they do any fly off situation? Second is the software, I really do love the smart shots. What is your thoughts on the software platform for the inspire? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

Good timing! My bird had a little bun on a d has just gone back to be repaired at the DJI Europe service centre. They received it yesterday so I'm eager to see how it goes. I too have heard many stories about long waits and high bills but the feedback from US has Been positive with replacements being shipped quickly. The email support so far has been pretty good so watch this space.

My real issue is not so much the repair centre scenario but the commercial viability of using the inspire 1 as a video platform for paying work if they WILL NOT supply spare parts! This is very frustrating, to travel across the world for a shoot with no spares is just not worth the risk.

After purchasing and using the Inspire I love its dual control and simplicity but just can recommend it to people for commercial applications. Personally I've already started a DIY build to reproduce a bird with similar features but access to parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dislike Dji service, but I love my inspire!

Dji service has had my 2nd controller in repair for 8 weeks now. (I call regularly and get "in 7 to 10 days" responses). It was dead on arrival meaning it didn't work when I got it. That should say something about dji service in itself! I'm mean it's only a controller!!!

Comparing solo service to inspire service is like comparing apples to oranges though. Let's put the dji service horror stories aside for a moment and pretend they are perfect. Repairing a $3k platform with multiple attachments and moving parts is WAY more difficult then repairing a $1k toy that's available at bestbuy. 3dr can cheaply give you another unit compared to dji.

One other point I'd like to rant about is the "interchangeable" camera. That's a lie! We've been misled. There's no camera available that interchanges. There is however an Inspire pro now available which makes the I1 obsolete. Next year there will be a I2!

Last edited:
I sent mine off for repairs last week. FedEx showed delivery on Thursday. Dji showed it finally "checked in" for repairs yesterday. Almost a week to get in their system. I am not hopeful. Btw not a crash. My IMU failed/hardware failure. The bird itself flies great just pray it doesn't break or you crash.

I sent mine off for repairs last week. FedEx showed delivery on Thursday. Dji showed it finally "checked in" for repairs yesterday. Almost a week to get in their system. I am not hopeful. Btw not a crash. My IMU failed/hardware failure. The bird itself flies great just pray it doesn't break or you crash.

Last sentence should be pray it doesn't break and pray you don't crash because dji is notoriously bad at customer services.

Time they invested some money then! Having seen a few articles on costs for parts the margins they make seem VERY high! Which is great if like APPLE for example you give great support and service. However if as it seems based on comments the profits are NOT Being put back into the business model then I guess the the growth should see an impact the more publicity the BAD service gets.

The real question that DJI should answer is, TOY or NOT?

If these products are TOYS then don't expect anything to improve, if NOT then someone needs to get to grips with the shambles they have globally. Promoting DJI to the professional sectors is a little embarrassing if the current fiasco continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dislike Dji service, but I love my inspire!

Dji service has had my 2nd controller in repair for 8 weeks now. (I call regularly and get "in 7 to 10 days" responses). It was dead on arrival meaning it didn't work when I got it. That should say something about dji service in itself! I'm mean it's only a controller!!!

Comparing solo service to inspire service is like comparing apples to oranges though. Let's put the dji service horror stories aside for a moment and pretend they are perfect. Repairing a $3k platform with multiple attachments and moving parts is WAY more difficult then repairing a $1k toy that's available at bestbuy. 3dr can cheaply give you another unit compared to dji.

One other point I'd like to rant about is the "interchangeable" camera. That's a lie! We've been misled. There's no camera available that interchanges. There is however an Inspire pro now available which makes the I1 obsolete. Next year there will be a I2!

I was under the impression that there is an interchangeable camera that just recently has been announced, or actually two cameras called X5 and X5R, and the cameras can be purchased separately for those who already has the Inspire 1. And the Inspire 1 PRO you are talking about is just an ordinary Inspire 1 with the new X5 camera on it and taller feet on the landing gear to make space for the bigger camera. This feet will be available as add ons for those who buys the new camera.

Not sure what you are on about there - X5 Buy Zenmuse X5 | DJI Store
And the X5R will be available before the end of the year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry