Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire1 Pro - Preflight motor testing without props?

Reaction score
When testing the Inspire 1 Pro motors without propellers do your motors stop when you hold down on the throttle? My motors won't stop rotating unless the props are installed. I haven't noticed this on any other Inspires before and I am wondering if this is a firmware issue or something else is going on. Thanks!

Ok, There's something definitely up with this Inspire, it's the only one that the motors will keep spinning after holding down the throttle, which forces me to have to shut off the battery to get them to stop spinning. I tried this on the other V1's, V2's, and Pro's I have in the company fleet and none of them do this. I believe this may have started after the latest update available.

Ok, There's something definitely up with this Inspire, it's the only one that the motors will keep spinning after holding down the throttle, which forces me to have to shut off the battery to get them to stop spinning. I tried this on the other V1's, V2's, and Pro's I have in the company fleet and none of them do this. I believe this may have started after the latest update available.
And what happens when you initiate CSC stick position?

I would guess your RC needs calibrating as the FC is probably not seeing 100% stick throw and thus not cutting the motors

And what happens when you initiate CSC stick position?

I would guess your RC needs calibrating as the FC is probably not seeing 100% stick throw and thus not cutting the motors

The motors will not shut down even in the CSC stick position. The remote, IMU, and compass have all been recalibrated numerous times to no avail.
AC Firmware has been rolled back to V1.8 and RC to V1.6 still the problem persists. Currently shutting off the battery on the AC is the only way to kill the motors when they have spun up. With the props on, it shuts down just fine however, I'm too scared to fly it with this being to only inspire I have that does this.

I beginning to think this is either an ESC or FC issue, it seems as if all the ESC's or flight controller has lost the ESC's calibration.
I have ordered new V2 motors with ESCs as I don't know of anything else to try at this point.

Update - I replaced the Ncore with a brand new one fresh out of the box and still that didn’t resolve this issue. I can only hope the new motors with esc’s fixes this.

As far as history on this I1... I acquired this Pro from a friend who had crashed it badly into a tree and then got it repaired under warranty by a Dji retailer that is now no longer in business. I’m suspecting now they really did something wrong to this I1 because it was repaired with the V1 arms as I remember my friend telling me at the time there was no V2 arms available for it when it was repaired.

Last edited:
The motors will not shut down even in the CSC stick position. The remote, IMU, and compass have all been recalibrated numerous times to no avail.
AC Firmware has been rolled back to V1.8 and RC to V1.6 still the problem persists. Currently shutting off the battery on the AC is the only way to kill the motors when they have spun up. With the props on, it shuts down just fine however, I'm too scared to fly it with this being to only inspire I have that does this.

I beginning to think this is either an ESC or FC issue, it seems as if all the ESC's or flight controller has lost the ESC's calibration.
I have ordered new V2 motors with ESCs as I don't know of anything else to try at this point.

Update - I replaced the Ncore with a brand new one fresh out of the box and still that didn’t resolve this issue. I can only hope the new motors with esc’s fixes this.

As far as history on this I1... I acquired this Pro from a friend who had crashed it badly into a tree and then got it repaired under warranty by a Dji retailer that is now no longer in business. I’m suspecting now they really did something wrong to this I1 because it was repaired with the V1 arms as I remember my friend telling me at the time there was no V2 arms available for it when it was repaired.

I would think the ESC more than the motor. I would want to see the soldering on the replaced-under-warranty ESC. I've seen some real butcher jobs on ESC's. I know you ordered your parts already. Since you're going to have to tear the bird apart anyway, I think I would start now with a physical inspection of the offending ESC. Dollars to doughnuts the problem stares you straight in the face. That said...

Curious that motor will shut down under load, but with no load it won't shut down. I don't know enough about the inner workings of DJI's ESC's or motors to comment intelligently, but some comprehensive forensics on this issue might net some valuable data. Take advantage of having new parts and try different things in different combinations to try an nail the problem down to one thing.

Good luck.

D

I would think the ESC more than the motor. I would want to see the soldering on the replaced-under-warranty ESC. I've seen some real butcher jobs on ESC's. I know you ordered your parts already. Since you're going to have to tear the bird apart anyway, I think I would start now with a physical inspection of the offending ESC. Dollars to doughnuts the problem stares you straight in the face. That said...

Curious that motor will shut down under load, but with no load it won't shut down. I don't know enough about the inner workings of DJI's ESC's or motors to comment intelligently, but some comprehensive forensics on this issue might net some valuable data. Take advantage of having new parts and try different things in different combinations to try an nail the problem down to one thing.

Good luck.

D

The new ESC's and motors remedy this issue, so I can only speculate that whoever did the repair work did something else to it, just not sure what. The only difference is these new motors with ESC's don't seem to be as powerful or as punchy as the ones that came off, but I trust it now a whole lot more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop