Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Intermittent transmission loss

Reaction score
During my last couple of flights I had an issue where mid-way through the flight I've looked down to see that the iPad screen was show no video, and the app was asking me if I wanted to perform a RTH. RTH is not something I really ever want to rely on, so each time I've pressed cancel, and I've still had full control of the Inspire - and then after a period of time the screen comes back.

This has happened 2 or 3 times during a flight a couple of weeks ago, and then after upgrading to the latest firmware, it has happened again just now. I'm flying an Inspire Pro using iOS on an iPad

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a software thing, or might I have a hardware problem?

It's very unnerving. The reason for continued investment in DJI stuff is that I've become confident in the technology to the point of not really worrying about tech issues.

Would be great to know where to start in solving this, as I can't really take her out in a complex scenario with it being this flakey.

thanks in advance.

hi, just to add a bit more info, and to bump this in the hope anyone can help... i'm now on 1.9.1.30 (didn't notice this was out when it wrote this yesterday) and the problem still exists.

I have now seen that the issue relates to video down signal - during a 'no transmission signal' i can still control the craft, and i can see that as I do, the histogram updates, as does the map and icon showing the orientation of the craft etc. That would lead me to think that it's a not a straightforward 'transmission' issue, but something else.

can anyone help me? or should I start gearing up to send it off for a repair?

thanks, Richard

Is it possibly a contact issue - the contacts at the gimbal drone joint are delicate and can easily get bent out of shape when attaching / detaching the gimbal

do you mean the actual point of attaching the gimbal? I haven't detached it for a while, so this could be an issue. I'll take it off, re-seat it and see how i get on.

thank you.

do you mean the actual point of attaching the gimbal? I haven't detached it for a while, so this could be an issue. I'll take it off, re-seat it and see how i get on.

thank you.
Take a look up into the mount the contacts should all be straight but they're easily bent - don't worry if they are the contact board is easily replaced

The RTH message can only mean that it lost RC link. Nothing to do with the gimbal contacts. You can even fly perfectly without the gimbal.

I would try a reinstall of the firmware and perform IMU, stick and compass calibration after that.

thank you.
Ever find a fix for this, my brand new black edition is doing this, I have a iPad mini 4 w Verizon, my p4s work fine

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

no i didn't, but I took the whole thing to Spain and since then I've not had the problem. I take that to mean that there was a connection issue, as I removed the camera for the flight over there, and it went from dropping out regularly on every flight to never having the problem again. I didn't do a software upgrade/downgrade or anything like that, and so the only thing that changed was the disconnecting and reconnecting the gimbal for the journey. good luck - hope yours sorts itself out.

Reactions: Haakon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez