Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS App Freezing and loosing video signal

Reaction score
Hey So, Im using my Iphone 6+ as well as my Ipad mini with retina loaded with DJI pilot app 0.9.2

Ive had my picture freeze on me a few times and sometimes doesnt come back on, Even after a few quad restarts.
And then it even made my iphone 6+ freeze! Had to hard reset restart it.

FYI, Filming in wide open spaces and was no further than 500 yards. I thought lightbridge was up tp 2 kms?

1. Do you guys set your video channels to auto or manual?
2. Have your iphones frozen completely?
3. Im I forced to buy an android galazy tab in order to have stable software.

Am I the only one? who has not only video break up but no camera control issues?
It works most of the time, But this problem is intermittent.
And I cant afford it happening to me on a job, Which is coming up soon.

thoughts?

That is not typical. Lightbridge works comfortably for at least 1.7km

It probably is worth eliminating the Iphone 6 as the issue by using a different tablet. This is important in my opinion as one of my Phantoms with Lightbridge had a similar type glitch and it turned out to be a faulty ground unit. Not suggesting for a minute you got a faulty Inspire but I would systematically eliminate the various components in the chain by testing this out. I suspect if it is intermittent it has something to do with the Iphone. My Lightbridge issues were always predictable - around 300m it acted up. Having replaced the faulty ground unit I get 2.1km consistently. I tried fiddling with the Channels in hope I could fix the problem but didn't make a difference.

Hey So, Im using my Iphone 6+ as well as my Ipad mini with retina loaded with DJI pilot app 0.9.2

Ive had my picture freeze on me a few times and sometimes doesnt come back on, Even after a few quad restarts.

FYI, Filming in wide open spaces and was no further than 500 yards. I thought lightbridge was up tp 2 kms?

Am I the only one? who has not only video break up but no camera control issues?

thoughts?
I've had the exact same issue on my first flight.
Video feed started ok and then around 700 meters, the screen went green (the video feed part only) and then went completely black (except for the other components of the app that were working fine).
Upon checking the Inspire, everything seemed to be fine and video restored after a shutdown and restart. However, what I was filming at the time completely disappeared from the memory card.

Very strange and I must admit being a bit disappointed by the range on this maiden flight. I since then saw the comments about the prop locks so I grounded the Inspire and cannot comment on whether or not the issue fixed itself.

Let me know if you get any response from DJI.

thoughts?
Hey did you resolve this? I got the same thing on my iPhone 6+. It freezes on every single fly that I have to hard reset my iPhone on the air everyt time.

Are your phones in airplane mode? I personally don't want to use my phone for this as there's too much junk on it. I use an iPad air 1. I have taken about 40 flights and my ipad only crashed once. I think that's because I wasn't in airplane mode and I was right near a home where I had a wifi connection too. Maybe there was some interference. The farthest I've flown was ~1700ft and I started to get some low quality video feed but I was also sorta out of line of sight then too.

I've had my iPhone 6 crash twice in flight, iPad mini 2 hasn't had a problem yet.
For the record when the phone crashes it also freezes the radio's HDMI output, BUT it's restored if you disconnect the USB cable form the phone.

the 24 hour support said that it is a problem specifically with the iPhone 6 and 6+, and told me to wait for the software update (if it ever come out...)

Are your phones in airplane mode? I personally don't want to use my phone for this as there's too much junk on it. I use an iPad air 1. I have taken about 40 flights and my ipad only crashed once. I think that's because I wasn't in airplane mode and I was right near a home where I had a wifi connection too. Maybe there was some interference. The farthest I've flown was ~1700ft and I started to get some low quality video feed but I was also sorta out of line of sight then too.
I'll try to put it into airplane mode to see if the problem is solved.

When I picked up my Inspire I naively plugged in my 18 month old iPad mini and was very worried when all I could see was a pixelated, jerky image that was no use to anyone. Next day I went out and splashed out for a new iPad mini 3 with the A7 chip. The old one had the A5 chip which just cannot process the images quickly or at all for that matter. I decided to keep the ipad 3 as a dedicated monitor and as such I only have the basic iOS apps, DJI Pilot and Groundstation. No photos, no music, no nothing. This way it is keeping the A7 processor free to do what I paid for it to do.

When I picked up my Inspire I naively plugged in my 18 month old iPad mini and was very worried when all I could see was a pixelated, jerky image that was no use to anyone. Next day I went out and splashed out for a new iPad mini 3 with the A7 chip. The old one had the A5 chip which just cannot process the images quickly or at all for that matter. I decided to keep the ipad 3 as a dedicated monitor and as such I only have the basic iOS apps, DJI Pilot and Groundstation. No photos, no music, no nothing. This way it is keeping the A7 processor free to do what I paid for it to do.
the iPhone 6+ has A8 chip btw.. maybe that's the problem!?

My 6+ took a phone call mid-flight and that froze it up. I keep it in airplane mode from now on. I think any app running in the background can confuse the flight app.

My brandnew Ipad air 2 freezes up in Airplane mode and with all apps closed.
Very frustrating.
Besides the initial time consuming setup of the i1 this is really the only gripe i have.

I am expecting delivery of my Inspire tomorrow (Monday) and as such have spent hours watching various videos. One thing I remember was that one stated that if you have the video channels on 'auto' , when the inspire changes in flight, the screen goes blue/green then black before it restores normal service when locked onto the new channel. Don't know if this helps or not, just learning at present.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters