Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Air or iPad Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.atli.ca
Hi Guys. Newb here and Inspire 1 is on order - expected delivery next week. Most of our use will be with two operators. I am wondering if the iPad Mini 3 or 4 is a large enough tablet (one for flight and one for photography) or if you think we should operate with iPad Air 2's. Also, does this change when flying and filming with a single operator? Thanks in advance.

I like the mini for portability and weight but we have both. Whatever you do get the latest version with fastest processor. We cheaped out and bought a mini 3 (or mini 2, whatever the last version was) and the video feed was super choppy. It even resulted in a crash on our phantom due to processor unable to keep up and the video signal delayed/pixelated.

I use the iPad Air 2. It is the largest iPad that will fit the holder. You really can see more with the larger iPad Air 2.

Reactions: Blue Bird
Hi Guys. Newb here and Inspire 1 is on order - expected delivery next week. Most of our use will be with two operators. I am wondering if the iPad Mini 3 or 4 is a large enough tablet (one for flight and one for photography) or if you think we should operate with iPad Air 2's. Also, does this change when flying and filming with a single operator? Thanks in advance.
iPad Air 2's here - not so much a glitch or hiccup.

I originally started with an Ipad Mini 2, after noticing some choppy video I decided to purchase an Ipad mini 4 instead. So now I use the Ipad mini 4 for the video operator, and the ipad mini 2 for the pilot (who spends most time looking at the map, and less at the video)

Reactions: John Archer
Since there are a bazillion threads on this subject already I will lock this one now before it grows into another monster. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice