Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad mini 4 QUESTION?

Reaction score
Would it be better to get the IPAD MINI 4 with cellular + WIFI?
The cellular+WIFI has GPS.
Or Would it be better to get the IPAD MINI 4 with only the WIFI?

I would personally skip the iPad mini 4 and go to an iPad Pro. I find my iPad mini 4 has more issues as compared to my iPad Pro. If you are really stuck on an iPad mini 4 I will make you a great deal on my white mini 4 wifi+cellular 16gb.

I would personally skip the iPad mini 4 and go to an iPad Pro. I find my iPad mini 4 has more issues as compared to my iPad Pro. If you are really stuck on an iPad mini 4 I will make you a great deal on my white mini 4 wifi+cellular 16gb.
I would think the iPad Pro would be to large for the Mavic Pro.

Reactions: AVImagingllc
The thing I like about the Mavmount very well-balanced. Even with the big iPad.

Reactions: SanCap
Nice.. Now your making me reconsider...Soo many choices its hard to make up my mind, lol.

Performance wise the iPad Pro is the best choice. Using them side by side I have had green screen image issues with the mini 4 and had no issues with the iPad Pro using the go4 app. The processor is much better on the pro.

iPad 2 is what I was using for a long time with the MP. Never had an issue not even a single app crash. The iPad mini 4 is a better option. Has a much better Chip in it. Only reason I jumped up to iPad 5 was a better choice for my inspire.

Performance wise the iPad Pro is the best choice. Using them side by side I have had green screen image issues with the mini 4 and had no issues with the iPad Pro using the go4 app. The processor is much better on the pro.

Do you know if you have to pay for GPS on iPad Pro or is it free?
If you get a cellular iPad it will have GPS built in. It works for free, no fees. My iPad Pro is a cellular model but I don't have service to it. I just cache my maps at home for the location I plan to fly so I have maps in the field without cell service or a data plan.

If you get a cellular iPad it will have GPS built in. It works for free, no fees. My iPad Pro is a cellular model but I don't have service to it. I just cache my maps at home for the location I plan to fly so I have maps in the field without cell service or a data plan.
The whole purpose of having an iPad that has cellular with gps Is so you don’t have to catch the Maps. Aren’t you kind of defeating the purpose by not activate it. Wouldn’t of been a whole lot cheaper just to buy one that has Wi-Fi if you’re catching the Maps anyway.

The whole purpose of having an iPad that has cellular with gps Is so you don’t have to catch the Maps. Aren’t you kind of defeating the purpose by not activate it. Wouldn’t of been a whole lot cheaper just to buy one that has Wi-Fi if you’re catching the Maps anyway.
Why activate and pay for a data connection when I can tether it for free if I need to (unlimited data)? I buy the cellular model for the GPS... the wifi model has no GPS. I really like it for flying as it is easy to view but I do use it for other purposes aside from a screen to fly with. I also cache maps due to the locations I fly in the summer months as cell service is rare.

WI-FI and cellular! Cellular is needed (even if not activated) in order for drone to find you location if your on the move while shooting.
Btw iPad mini 4 is way more comfortable to hold with any remote (Mavic's, Phantom's or Inspire's) then regular iPad or (god forbid) iPad Pro! Been there, done that!

Reactions: Way2Fst4U
One more vote for the MINI4 w/Cellular. I ditched my iPad Air2 and my Pro in favor of 2 mini's. MUH easier and more comfortable to fly for longer times. I do think the pro outperformed...but to me it wasn't worth the extra hassle. Be sure to grab a good sunshield. I got the Arial Drone Accessories MKII and it's been great!

Would it be better to get the IPAD MINI 4 with cellular + WIFI?
The cellular+WIFI has GPS.
Or Would it be better to get the IPAD MINI 4 with only the WIFI?
I use WiFi only. Nothing interrupts me like a cellular unit can. I have the iPad Air 2 , which works great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44