Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Pro won’t connect

Reaction score
Hi all
I’ve recently brought an inspire 1
All works fine when connected to iPhone 8 Plus but it won’t connect to iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen
It works for about 3 seconds then screen goes blank and I get weak signal transmitting message
Sorry to mention a subject that has probably already been covered on here somewhere
So if someone could reply with the link to that thread I’d be very grateful.
I’ve tried searching iPad .... iPad Pro ..... iPad Pro connection ... etc etc
Thanks
Mark

Hi all
I’ve recently brought an inspire 1
All works fine when connected to iPhone 8 Plus but it won’t connect to iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen
It works for about 3 seconds then screen goes blank and I get weak signal transmitting message
Sorry to mention a subject that has probably already been covered on here somewhere
So if someone could reply with the link to that thread I’d be very grateful.
I’ve tried searching iPad .... iPad Pro ..... iPad Pro connection ... etc etc
Thanks
Mark

This subject has been covered, but not your specific situation. You have established that your drone works and DOES connect to other Apple products. So this makes your situation different.

Today's your lucky day because I just took delivery on a 12.9" iPad Gen 3 last week. Unlike you, I'm not experiencing any problems...BUT....my situation may be profoundly different, as I run legacy firmware and legacy apps. I've successfully tested my new iPad with my P4P, Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro. I've tested MapPilot, GS Pro, Go App and Go4 App with great success...BUT...I have learned a few things not germane to this thread, so I'll save those tidbits of knowledge for later.

I'll start with your cable. Your iPad didn't come with a USB-A -> Type C cable. You had to buy that. I don't phuck around with Chinese s*** cables. I only use reputable brands like Anker, Nomad, Monoprice, McDodo, etc. And here's why:

That said, I'm going to bet that perhaps you have only ONE Type-C cable, so you are unable to trade cables, yes?? If you do, then at this point of the game, until I know which brand you have, based on my experience with cheap, Chinese cables, I'm going to assume the problem is your cable. And do NOT assume that Best Buy or Staples sells good cables. More than likely, they don't.

So the $30,000 question is; "What brand is your USB-A -> Type-C cable?"

D

Hi,
Currently using two cables that I’ve also used on my Mavic Pro with this Ipad
One is a Tec Mad and one is Aceyoon
I don’t know any other details on them other than both brought from Ebay
They both worked fine with Mavic, no problems at all
So assumed they would work with Inspire
Clearly not the case

Hi,
Currently using two cables that I’ve also used on my Mavic Pro with this Ipad
One is a Tec Mad and one is Aceyoon
I don’t know any other details on them other than both brought from Ebay
They both worked fine with Mavic, no problems at all
So assumed they would work with Inspire
Clearly not the case

Try rolling back to an earlier version of the Go App. I personally recommend v3.1.1. It sounds like your Go App is trying to negotiate the DJI mother ship and failing. A roll back to a legacy version of the app will tell all.

And before you ask, Google it.

D

Thanks D
I’ve googled it...... it involves a computer, not owned one for ages only use tablets
I’ll see if I can borrow a laptop
Thank you for the help

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I’m also going to try other (peoples) tablets different gen’s see if that sorts it, I’ll post my findings
Thanks again

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Thanks D
I’ve googled it...... it involves a computer, not owned one for ages only use tablets
I’ll see if I can borrow a laptop
Thank you for the help

My pleasure. Good luck. If you need any more help, just ask.

D

Hi all
I’ve been doing some research and the app Litchi looks like it might work
Just wondered if anyone used this app and what they thought of it ?
Cheers
Mark

Hi all
I’ve been doing some research and the app Litchi looks like it might work
Just wondered if anyone used this app and what they thought of it ?
Cheers
Mark
Try using the search function on the forum - there are literally dozens of threads on the product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix