Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is an Upgrade to new Firmware really worth it?

Reaction score
Hey All

I'm a recently qualified CAA PFAF holder. I love my inspire but I've not yet upgraded the DJI App on the ipads or the batteries, RC/Transmitter or the UAV itself. There are sooo many stories on here of people failing and having problems; is the update that problematic? Also can someone please send me a link for instructions to update firmware on the batts, UAV and Transmitter?

thanks in advance for advice and help!

Sorrry if this goes over old ground.

Hey All

I'm a recently qualified CAA PFAF holder. I love my inspire but I've not yet upgraded the DJI App on the ipads or the batteries, RC/Transmitter or the UAV itself. There are sooo many stories on here of people failing and having problems; is the update that problematic? Also can someone please send me a link for instructions to update firmware on the batts, UAV and Transmitter?

PFAF? - I've only got PFAW ....... I want PFAF as well :p
Yes - the newer firmware is the most stable yet. Whether you use the new modes or not is up to you.
As you have submitted an approved ops manual your software/firmware procedure should have been itemised in there!
Try here - http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/How_To_Upgrade_Firmware_en.pdf

Sorry my typo! PFAW! Thanks for feedback, the upgrade straight forward? I'm always of the opinion, if it isn't broken don't fix it but I want to give it a go!

Sorry my typo! PFAW! Thanks for feedback, the upgrade straight forward? I'm always of the opinion, if it isn't broken don't fix it but I want to give it a go!
Sorry - couldn't help it :p
Firmware upgrades are straightforward although you will read some horror stories on here about how their ac or remote was bricked by a firmware update etc etc.
My best piece of advice..... Take your time, send the wife/kids/dog out so you are uninterrupted (Optional but it gives you peace and quiet)
Read the instructions on firmware updating.....read them again, then follow them EXACTLY.
You should have no problem at all.
From memory, upgrade to 1.4 on the aircraft took around 18 mins (although the instructions say it can take 25).

Reactions: Busch and jon b
Hey All

You don't state what firmware and app you are using. I have been flying FW 1.3.0.0, 1.4.0.10 and GO app 2.2.0 (iOS) since they entered beta testing. They are very stable and offer you as a PFAW holder much more than the old 1.2.0.6 firmware. The latest firmware also gives you access to third party apps like the excellent Autopilot.

Ignore the horror stories from the minority who can't follow directions - it is just noise. Follow @The Editor guidance on reading the procedure and the thread on updating. Install FW 1.3.0.0 FIRST (especially to your RC) and then 1.4.0.10. And then recalibrate your batteries using the 100% to 5% continuous discharge. In future I strongly recommend keeping your firmware up to date - from experience it is throughly tested and works.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
You don't state what firmware and app you are using. I have been flying FW 1.3.0.0, 1.4.0.10 and GO app 2.2.0 (iOS) since they entered beta testing. They are very stable and offer you as a PFAW holder much more than the old 1.2.0.6 firmware. The latest firmware also gives you access to third party apps like the excellent Autopilot.

Ignore the horror stories from the minority who can't follow directions - it is just noise. Follow @The Editor guidance on reading the procedure and the thread on updating. Install FW 1.3.0.0 FIRST (especially to your RC) and then 1.4.0.10. And then recalibrate your batteries using the 100% to 5% continuous discharge. In future I strongly recommend keeping your firmware up to date - from experience it is throughly tested and works.

Thanks for the advice. All updated at the moment, although I thought there was one more update for the RC but I can't seem to get it to update further from with App or the USB drive.

Attached are my current firmware, don't worry either I wasn't flying it where I was just checking the firmware install!

Attachments

• IMG_0011.PNG
    IMG_0011.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 10
1.3 is the current firmware for the rc..
you're all good !!
enjoy. .

Thanks for the advice. All updated at the moment, although I thought there was one more update for the RC but I can't seem to get it to update further from with App or the USB drive.

Attached are my current firmware, don't worry either I wasn't flying it where I was just checking the firmware install!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell