Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it ok to fly the Inspire 1 above 4000m altitude?

Reaction score
I recently got a hold of an Inspire 1 with X5R. And I want to take it with me on a trip to the western mountain ranges of Sichuan. Average altitude will be 3-4,000m, sometimes it will be a flat plain, sometimes it will be a canyon. We wont fly more than 400m higher from landing postion. I am wondering can the Inspire 1 handle this type of situation?
My friend and I will be operating the drone simultaneously, we are both experienced operator with him been licensed. But we had no experience flying the Inspire 1 in this type of environment.

Thanks

aside classic local weather check,sun activity, fog, uav pilot checklists, aircraft specs... since there is no redundancy as inspire 2. choose the right propellers and do not forget to take care of the batteries before the flight, pre-warm up these , the air is "thin" and "cold"! inspire1 can handle it if in perfect conditions.

check the "rock formations" just the
basic-types-of-magnetization, at take of and landing spot some mountains/rocks are very tricky .

i also suggest an "orienteering course" just in case you wish to adventure further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg’s gems
aside classic local weather check,sun activity, fog, uav pilot checklists, aircraft specs... since there is no redundancy as inspire 2. choose the right propellers and do not forget to take care of the batteries before the flight, pre-warm up these , the air is "thin" and "cold"! inspire1 can handle it if in perfect conditions.

check the "rock formations" just the
basic-types-of-magnetization, at take of and landing spot some mountains/rocks are very tricky .

i also suggest an "orienteering course" just in case you wish to adventure further.
Thanks man~~ We wouldnt fly if it is not sunny, maybe a cloudy day below the clouds.

Reactions: rbycapri

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido