Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues Unlocking Authorisation Zones

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First timer!!

I use a wifi-only ipad mini2 to fly with and have to unlock any authorisation zones at home beforehand.

I have an authorisation zone I have been experimenting with around 15mins from home and here are my experiences so far.....

Trip 1. Unlocked the AZ, went straight out. The Inspire refused to fly asking if I wanted to unlock the NFZ - which I had just done! Went home assuming there was a buffer period.
Trip 2. Unlocked the AZ, left it an hour then went out. Problem free flying!
Trip 3. Unlocked the AZ, left it an hour then went out. Problem free flying until I switched off the craft to change the battery. Upon powering up the craft again, it refused to fly asking me to unlock the AZ.

At the times this hasn't worked, the 'unlocking plans' disappear from my account, only to reappear when I get back on wifi. Its very frustrating! Has anyone else had similar problems?

Also, there is only GPRS in the area so a 3G ipad probably wouldn't help!

All the best, OM

Happened again, although this time I had 3G coverage and the craft would take off using my iphone instead.
Conclusion: Cant fly in an AZ with a wi-fi only ipad.
Unless someone knows otherwise.

Thx

that sucks...i wonder what would happen if you jailbroke your iPad and did a location spoof.
would that mess with the gps of the craft only?
hmmm

Yes DJI sent me an email with a picture showing its not locked. They want me to send them a screen shot... here we go. I'm glad they rant releasing the magic 2 if thats what is coming out they need to get their **** in order with crystal sky and other problems. it seems to me these companies get their snowballs going and then can't catch up and they just come out with more. @natnatroswell22 I did Litchi and it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes DJI sent me an email with a picture showing its not locked. They want me to send them a screen shot... here we go. I'm glad they rant releasing the magic 2 if thats what is coming out they need to get their **** in order with crystal sky and other problems. it seems to me these companies get their snowballs going and then can't catch up and they just come out with more. @natnatroswell22 I did Litchi and it works fine.
Hey did it solve your problem?:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool