Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just lost Inspire

Reaction score
Lost signal round a cliff, wouldn't return home, would it hover then drop when battery runs out. Still looking no joy..... Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would rth 3 seconds after loosing signal then when the battery got low it would auto land..
it wouldn't fall out of the sky without having a catistrofic malfunction. ..
If your rth was set correctly and worked properly it should have flown up and then back to your home point..
anytime you fly bvlos or in a spot you might loose signal its a good idea to test the rth to make sure it heads back in the right direction. ..
either your ac crashed into the cliff or it flew away in another direction and then auto landed..
always use a screen recoding device and have a gps tracker on board. .
sorry for your loss..
turb...

Lost signal round a cliff, wouldn't return home, would it hover then drop when battery runs out. Still looking no joy..... Help

Yeh I had used rth previously in the day and had worked..... when using it it let me know it was returning but in last flight I dragged across and accepted and nothing happened.....according to flight record 61% battery left when signal lost, it isn't at last recorded position, ocean one side and forest the other.....

Was it a complete loss of signal or just video...?

I have lost video-signal far away, but could navigate with help of the chart.

What was your RTH-hight setting? If the cliff was in the way of RTH, then you maybe should look at the cliffside..

One of many examples..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yeh I had used rth previously in the day and had worked..... when using it it let me know it was returning but in last flight I dragged across and accepted and nothing happened.....according to flight record 61% battery left when signal lost, it isn't at last recorded position, ocean one side and forest the other.....

Next time use the button on the rc for rth...

Complete loss, vid signal started to go so I stopped then it didn't come back, so tried rth (app) few times nothing happened. Pulled vertical lift control to try and clear cliff to get signal back, whether it did this or not I'm unsure, if it did it wasn't recorded on flight data

2deb74e63d112f5a65f46b79bd3de865.jpg

Last memory of flight data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Complete loss, vid signal started to go so I stopped then it didn't come back, so tried rth (app) few times nothing happened. Pulled vertical lift control to try and clear cliff to get signal back, whether it did this or not I'm unsure, if it did it wasn't recorded on flight data
Several key questions. What was the height of the Home Point (HP) compared with the cliff? Was the Failsafe height set higher than the HP plus height of all obstructions? Was the Loss of RC Signal response set to RTH, hover or land?

Three secs after loss of RC signal, your I1 would initiate the selected action. If RTH was set , it would have climbed to the failsafe height, turned towards the HP and flown a track direct to the HP. If it hit an obstacle, start looking there. If it was set to hover, it would have remained in position and when the Smart RTH power level was reached (yellow circle with H on time line) it would have automatically initiated a RTH as before. If set to land, it would have descended at its position.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Complete loss, vid signal started to go so I stopped then it didn't come back, so tried rth (app)

Do you have a cached video? Are there birds around?

If it did RTH you needed it to set more then 55m RTH alt to return safe otherwise search it in the trees on the hill between road and rail. You obviousely started it from near the railway station did you?

Why did you go down after the hill? Could you still see it?

Reactions: Scotflieger
Yes started near the station, dropped for a closer shot of the line, my rth is set at default 0...... so reckon cliff is best bet, I was lifting it vertical just after I put it in rth

I panicked, looking back now many things I could and should have done, put that down to inexperience. All I need now is a drone to hunt for it

Yes started near the station, dropped for a closer shot of the line, my rth is set at default 0......

Default should have been 30 (which would have been to low) however if you have set it to 0 then its likely the next train got it because it will have crashed into the track directly under it. Just imagine it stopped and went down 29m to zero.

However if your RTH NOW shows 0 its because its not connected to the plane. If you didnt ever change RTH it likely was set at 30 so your plane will be on the hill somewhere. You can draw a straight line from your homepoint to the last position +30m and on that line where its 30m over your homepoint it will be.

How can you have used RTH successfully before - did you start from the hill previousely?

Reactions: Hercules_One
Had a good look today but no sign, with drawing a straight line and rth of 30 it should have hit the cliff face and fallen into shrubs, another drone helping search over wkend,

Too bad you didn't have a mini strobe on board. .
I've found a small training drone by flying over with another drone and looking for the light...
was super easy...

A guy mentioned today that if the blades detect they hit something it will set off an alarm so that it's easily discovered? He has a vision plus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart