Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just started getting a "no signal" error on my I1.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried to fly my inspire on Sunday, and kept getting a "no signal" error. I flew anyway, and the craft kept jerking backwards and forwards, and wouldn't fly smoothly.
I landed with a little difficulty, but thought there may just be some interference and didn't think too much about it.
I flew again today filming for a BMX track race and when I installed the first battery, the drone started beeping like it was updating. After about 10 minutes the beeping stopped and I had no problem's flying with the first 2 batteries. The 3rd battery however, gave me the same "no signal" error. I was able to fly and video without a problem, landed with no problem, but I'm still worried why it's giving me this error message. I shoot for the same track tomorrow and want to make sure all is okay before I head out there.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks all,

Bruce

Hi Slim,

Yup, firmware is up to date, version 1.2.1.06.
I have not done a new imu calibration, but of course did a compass calibration. How often do you recommend doing an imu cal?
How do I check mod values, and where should they be to be normal?
Battery went in, beeped for 10minutes and I still had 4 bars and about 17 minutes flying time.

App version / OS?

I have yet to hook up my Air to my pc or iTunes, (downloaded the app months ago).
Auto Update screwed me over for the last time, (just turned it off)
How do I revert back to Pilot app 2.1 (I have older version of iTunes on my laptop)

Imu should be between 1400 and 1600.
If your in the field and your readings are off move around.
Take off in a different location.
Its a search bar top right of your screen. Any questions you have, has been answered a 1000 times. Im not being sarcastic. But just use that search bar
Hi Slim,
I reset the IMU, I got a green "safe to fly" and then right after take off it gave me "no signal "again. One other thing I forgot to mention, when trying to set the home point, I go through all the settings, but it doesn't set anything. It's as if I haven't set the home point.
I get that you're not being sarcastic and appreciate your help, but after trying a few searches and not the info I'm looking for, I ask the question to the forum.

Hi all,

I flew the inspire again today for around 1 hour, and had the same thing. It starts off now showing green ready to fly, I tried to set the home-point, and each time the message showing "successful home-point set" would not show up, but it would show an "H" on the map, right where the inspire was. I then flew the i1 and within 15 seconds it would say "no signal", wouldn't attempt to fly home and responded normally to all controls and video without a problem.
Any idea why it's showing "no signal" and is this something I need to worry about?

Looking forward to hearing ideas.

Thanks all,

Bruce

This might sound too simple but it has worked for others. Try disconnecting your cam and then reconnect it. Check the camera pins whilst it's off too.
Also check the 2 black wires on each side of the I1. They're located just before the nose. Whilst she's in the landing mode position, check if these wires are tight. Then, take her up and raise the landing gear and with extreme care, check if those same wires are really tight.
Please be extremely careful!
Let us know how you go.

I have yet to hook up my Air to my pc or iTunes, (downloaded the app months ago).
Auto Update screwed me over for the last time, (just turned it off)
How do I revert back to Pilot app 2.1 (I have older version of iTunes on my laptop)

If you have the older .ipa file use an app called iTools to reinstall it on your device.

Reactions: Carlsberg
Did you try what I suggested?
Sorry, didn't see this until about 40 minutes ago.
I went outside and tried what you said. Everything seemed like it was okay, and I still got the same message.
I then removed the camera while the i1 was powered up, put it back on and voila, it seems the problem is solved. Thanks so much for your help.
I then proceeded to drain my last 2 batteries down to1% to give a good recharge.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Sorry, didn't see this until about 40 minutes ago.
I went outside and tried what you said. Everything seemed like it was okay, and I still got the same message.
I then removed the camera while the i1 was powered up, put it back on and voila, it seems the problem is solved. Thanks so much for your help.
I then proceeded to drain my last 2 batteries down to1% to give a good recharge.
Only discharge your batteries every 10 cycles. And store them at around 50% when they're not in use.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips