Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Keep the battery or sell it?

What are the voltage readings and/or battery logs telling you? Any bad cells?

Keep the battery or sell it? I would hope if you sell it you'll place a label on it clearly stating it has been dropped, to be fair...

Seriously? 1. I wouldn't screw anyone over and 2. I CLEARLY SAY it's been dropped and damaged in the video along with SHOWING the damage? That was the entire point of the video.....

I just posted here to get a second opinion....

Asked and answered. If I don't trust it for my bird, then...

What? I am skeptical about using this battery in my aircraft but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't be. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Just because I wouldn't fly it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't fly it or use it for parts.

If I sell it I wanted to be as honest as possible, that's why I made the video to show the exact condition of the battery. If someone were to purchase it they would know the exact condition before spending their hard earned cash on a damaged product.

As I don't have a lot of experience in sUAS I also posted here to get a second opinion. Maybe someone has a much deeper understanding of the batteries than I do and can help me make a final decision on whether or not the battery is still usable... In that case I would just keep it as a backup.

In my opinion, that ding is not worth the risk of crash, fire, and/or injury. I would definitely not use it nor sell it to anyone (in my eyes, anyone willing to use this is battery doesn't fully understand the risks).

Reactions: Neil sulish
I love how "licensed pilot", posted a comment without even watching the video and then has to get another word in by stating "asked and answered". Next time RTFQ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide