Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Keeping iPad/Tablet charged in use?

Reaction score
Is there a double-adaptor or the like that will allow charging of the iPad while in use?
With an entire day of flying, even charging quickly during each battery swap and during any down time, wasn't enough to keep up with the load, and I was having to swapout and use my phone etc at times.
How do people keep their iPad/tablet topped up on a long shoot?

Thought as much.
I wondered whether the adaptor for the iPhone 7 might work, but that's mostly audio out and power in, and I'm sure an Inspire in flight is pumping in and out of the iPad far more than just some audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I am currently noticing this problem with our iPads and Inspire Controllers. Trying in simulator mode we had power down to 30% on the iPad within just two hours of simulator. Being indoors we had the brightness set about midway but could see that outdoors we would need maximum brightness. One thought was to try a USB Y cable similar to what is used for older hard drives. As one possible option this product stood out as a possibility: Amazon.com: HIGHROCK 30cm USB 2.0 a Power Enhancer Y 1 Female to 2 Male Data Charge Cable Extension Cord(1pc): Computers & Accessories has anyone tried something similar? This would allow us to use either Apple or Android devices by just plugging into the Y cable and connecting. My only real concern is this cable may supply power back to the controller as well.

Hi, I was thinking the same with a kind of usb power injector. The power-lead has to be disconnected from the controller side otherwise it may blow up the usb on the controller. In cold weather the ipad is not holding on very long. ( ~ 30 min)

Not tested yet also maybe someone here did ?

I can say for sure that if you disconnect the power leads from the USB that goes to the controller and ensure the power leads go only to the Ipad, you can in fact charge it while in use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters