Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Laowa 7.5 light + x5

Yes, works fine, but the X5 will report it doesn't detect lens (since the lens doesn't have any contacts). Just add a
46-67mm Aluminum Step-Up Ring to the front to balance, and you're golden.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Yes, works fine, but the X5 will report it doesn't detect lens (since the lens doesn't have any contacts). Just add a
46-67mm Aluminum Step-Up Ring to the front to balance, and you're golden.
How about new version with automatic aperture?

You can use it just like any other lens. For the versions without a cpu & contacts, just be sure to set the aperture you want and pre-focus before taking off. Pretty much just set the lens to infinity. I thought having to do this would be a PITA, but it's super easy to do and you don't have to worry about whatever software you're using screwing anything up.

You can use it just like any other lens. For the versions without a cpu & contacts, just be sure to set the aperture you want and pre-focus before taking off. Pretty much just set the lens to infinity. I thought having to do this would be a PITA, but it's super easy to do and you don't have to worry about whatever software you're using screwing anything up.
Ok, but I saw somewhere it is not locking properly on x5 (it is like portrait mode?) and locking normally on x5s. Is that true? Causing further problems like vinetting? Cropping? Anything?

Locks fine on my x5. When unlocking and removing the lens, if you rotate the wrong way you will have to go nearly all the way around, but it comes off just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop