Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Large Solar Eruption - 30th Dec 2015

Just got home after having been out looking for Northern Lights. Saw nothing this time, but a drone was out flying, followed it with my eyes over a lake 2-3km away before it went down for landing on the other side..
I started thinking about where I put my popcorn bag..
popcorn.gif

There are always people who can raise the tension, when nothing happens and you are bored.
double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif

I chose to hide all of my doomsday communication equipment in a Faraday cage. I hid my photo backup in a subterranean bunker with grounded copper clad walls and wore my tinfoil hat just in case.

Is it safe to come out of the bunker yet or shall I give it a couple of weeks for the hoards of looters to die of hunger?

seriously though, its good to see a headsup for people who care. Those who dont care about this will eventually live to regret it.

Reactions: The Editor
I chose to hide all of my doomsday communication equipment in a Faraday cage. I hid my photo backup in a subterranean bunker with grounded copper clad walls and wore my tinfoil hat just in case.

Is it safe to come out of the bunker yet or shall I give it a couple of weeks for the hoards of looters to die of hunger?

seriously though, its good to see a headsup for people who care. Those who dont care about this will eventually live to regret it.
You can't beat a good Faraday Cage! :p

dem i just finish a survey mission at 2015 dec 30... luckly nothing happen... the only happen is my iPad air overheating and lagging lol

Volia !!!! We give a big tumps up for our amazing inspire !! It just dun give a **** about solar lol..

Reactions: IrishSights
Be carefull anyway when checking. As a flew on 01/01 at noon.
UAVforecast said it was Kp4 and on swpc.noaa it was 6->5 and i t afternoon it went to 4.
i had 16sat's for my first fly after update [AC 1.5] and no anomalities.
even did a MapsEasy and DroDep test...fine '16 start

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 2.57.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 2.57.59 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 15
Just a heads up guys (for those that worry about it)

There is a large solar eruption due to hit with the potential to affect rf propagation, GPS signals as well as cause power fluctuations (but not the end of the World just yet)

G3 (Strong) Geomagnetic Storming Likely 30 December | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center
Question
I did a test flight from a small boat yesterday. I only made one because I was getting intermittent poor radio signal warnings. I stopped flying but was wondering if the solar eruption you warned of might have been the cause. Or was it more likely the metal railings and bimini top on the boat that was the culprit. I powered up when I got home and no warning.

Question
I did a test flight from a small boat yesterday. I only made one because I was getting intermittent poor radio signal warnings. I stopped flying but was wondering if the solar eruption you warned of might have been the cause. Or was it more likely the metal railings and bimini top on the boat that was the culprit. I powered up when I got home and no warning.

More likely the latter - the storm has passed now and didn't really cause any major concerns.

Just a heads up guys (for those that worry about it)

There is a large solar eruption due to hit with the potential to affect rf propagation, GPS signals as well as cause power fluctuations (but not the end of the World just yet)

G3 (Strong) Geomagnetic Storming Likely 30 December | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center
Question on another subject
Just updated the I1 software to the .06 also the GO
Now when I switch to camera the software dumps
I no this has been discussed but I can't find it

Question on another subject
Just updated the I1 software to the .06 also the GO
Now when I switch to camera the software dumps
I no this has been discussed but I can't find it
Uninstall app, then reinstall again - This will solve it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44