Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest Firmware Concern about Flying when not Logged in

Reaction score
Several times during flights, in the past, my DJI Go app crashes on my phone. Hasn't been a big deal before, I just calmly restart the app and it syncs with my Inspire. What's going to happen going forward with the new firmware? Is the drone going to drop to 30 meters if I'm flying at 50 meters? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks IrishSights, I'm more concerned with my app crashing during flight. While I'm restarting the app, will my drone drop to 30 meters? It's a scary thought if you're operating in areas that have trees or towers taller than 30 meters.

I doubt it will drop. It'll likely just sit there with a GPS lock, or RTH. Mine is set to Hover on signal loss rather than RTH as where it thinks home is and my opinion of what it is landing on differ. I prefer to fly it rather than it fly me.

Now with normal RC helicopters, yeah, you lose signal with those and they do drop or fly off to wherever. Been there! Luckily for me the RC copter drops maybe 10-20 feet and then picks up the radio again and goes back up as I'm frantically hitting the up lever when it happens. 2.4GHz radio interference may be the cause with them.

Generally if the app crashes then you continue flying as you where beforehand - it still has the RC signal & you'll still have full manual stick control via the RC - it isn't dependant on the Go4 app running at all. So if the app crashes and you let go of the sticks to try and restart the app, it'll simply hover until you do something (like fly home manually, restart the app, or panic & hit the rth button on the RC).

It won't auto RTH, autoland, descend to 30m, drop out the sky or anything like that, it'll just sit and wait for you to do something.

Reactions: tibook
No probs - I only know 'cause i've deliberatley tried it to see what happens!!!

My advice is to take it somewhere wide open without people, buildings or tall trees (ie where you know it's going to be fairly safe to do the following) and deliberatley do things like shutting down the app, pulling the usb lead, turning off the RC, running the battery to critical power etc to see what happens (having set the correct safety heights, distances and rth behaviours beforehand off course!!!) - basically, try it out, see what happens and work out how you'll respond to it when it does happen for real! That way, you don't panic as much and you'll be less likely to make mistakes that will compoud the problem when it happens.

The only instance that you'll potentially have problems with the aircraft not stopping and hovering should be if you're flying in ATTI mode - then it'll attempt to hover, but will simply drift with the wind as the gps hold won't be on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters