Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lens - Comparisons & Expectations

Reaction score
I know it's to early for comparing and actual having general discussions, but I would love to open this topic to pick all you pilots and photographers brains on the subject.

Any news going around about different lenses for Inspire1?

What is your preferred go to for the GoPros (since generally a lot of people in here use these? )

Anyone fly indoors with any other cameras ( BMPCC, NEX-7, 5dmk3, ect ) besides GoPros?

Expectations for lens shooting indoor using inspire 1?

Pro tips and tricks?

Photo or Video
Comparisons ( would love to see your favorites. )

I know it's to early for comparing and actual having general discussions, but I would love to open this topic to pick all you pilots and photographers brains on the subject.

Any news going around about different lenses for Inspire1?

What is your preferred go to for the GoPros (since generally a lot of people in here use these? )

Anyone fly indoors with any other cameras ( BMPCC, NEX-7, 5dmk3, ect ) besides GoPros?

Expectations for lens shooting indoor using inspire 1?

Pro tips and tricks?

Photo or Video
Comparisons ( would love to see your favorites. )
I rather dislike the extreme "fish-eye" effect on the standard GoPro. I have a "normal" 12.5mm OSTRC lens fitted to my Hero3 black and love it2345 unsharp mask.jpg

Does it take out the fish-eye completely? Does it still have some distortion when you tilt as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it take out the fish-eye completely? Does it still have some distortion when you tilt as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's like the difference on a DSLR with a super-wide angle lens 18 or 23mm focal length versus a 'normal' 55mm lens. No distortion even when tilting or not and no post production stuff required. What you see is what you get.

Send me an email addy and I'll send you the jpeg so you can open it in Picassa or some such and blow it up to the point where it pixilates and judge for yourself...Oh and yeah, you have to install the lens yourself a focus it but no big dear.
[email protected]

Reactions: flowsun
Send me an email addy and I'll send you the jpeg so you can open it in Picassa or some such and blow it up to the point where it pixilates and judge for yourself...Oh and yeah, you have to install the lens yourself a focus it but no big dear.
[email protected]
no big deal..if you have a 4k t.v. it is easy..other wise it is kind of a pain. have tried it both ways now. not a bad lens. and i was told the same lens will fit the hero 4.

no big deal..if you have a 4k t.v. it is easy..other wise it is kind of a pain. have tried it both ways now. not a bad lens. and i was told the same lens will fit the hero 4.
Actually, when I say, "No Big Deal"...it wasn't for me, after all thumpinhard did all the work...TWICE. Second time around he had to fix my messing with his installation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips