Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Let's add more fuel to the fire

In BELGIUM you need a licence for 300ft. Without you are only allowed 33 ft with a drone of maximum 1kg. And then only on your own property. A licence cost about 2000 euro. Those regulations are thanks to people who do those crazy things

My point exactly, we also had an incident with someone flying 2 miles away or more absolutely out of vlos and crashed into a military helicopter and of course an extensive investigation ensued etc etc, continues like this laws will make it impossible for even the mos tresponsible pilots to fly.

My point exactly, we also had an incident with someone flying 2 miles away or more absolutely out of vlos and crashed into a military helicopter and of course an extensive investigation ensued etc etc, continues like this laws will make it impossible for even the mos tresponsible pilots to fly.
In Belgium the law is very strict. If you want to fly commercially near buildings or over people you must do the same exams as real pilots. Every year a medical exam too. Every fly with risks costs 200 euro and s 2 weeks notice with risk analysis. It's nearly impossible. But it don't stops the people buying phantoms or yuneecs. Even they are not allowed to fly with it because they are > 1KG. Possession is not forbidden. Flying is. But they do. And stupid things happens every day. So next thing will be no fly over Belgium.
Ps: all foreign pilots today are not allowed to fly in Belgium. Even if they have a license.

In Belgium the law is very strict. If you want to fly commercially near buildings or over people you must do the same exams as real pilots. Every year a medical exam too. Every fly with risks costs 200 euro and s 2 weeks notice with risk analysis. It's nearly impossible. But it don't stops the people buying phantoms or yuneecs. Even they are not allowed to fly with it because they are > 1KG. Possession is not forbidden. Flying is. But they do. And stupid things happens every day. So next thing will be no fly over Belgium.
Ps: all foreign pilots today are not allowed to fly in Belgium. Even if they have a license.

Do they allow travelers to bring their drones into the country?

I know there is a country in Central America (I forget which) where if you arrive with a drone, you must leave it at Customs upon entry where they hold it until your exit.

I know there is a country in Central America (I forget which) where if you arrive with a drone, you must leave it at Customs upon entry where they hold it until your exit.
Even country's where they don't give it back.

There are already laws against what this yahoo did. Laws are no good without enforcement. More laws won’t do anything without enforcement. We need the current laws on the books enforced.

For all those who understand german: Polizeihubschrauber in Wien beinahe mit Drohne kollidiert

Another allmost-collision with a police heli just above the center of Vienna. The guy was stupid enough to fly his baby in a no-flight-area, 200m elevation...

Total madness. His excuse, according to the police, was that he wanted to "test" his new "toy"... so this was probably his first time flying a new drone.

Last edited:
You know... somewhere in the world... there's someone who has shot a police helicopter today too. Yet we're not discussing how stupid that guy is, we just take it in stride, like the guy who drove drunk today an almost killed someone. Point is, onsy, twosyies in the whole world are meaningless. Anything possible is going to happen somewhere with a population of billions.

Reactions: Oliver Indra
For all those who understand german: Polizeihubschrauber in Wien beinahe mit Drohne kollidiert

Another allmost-collision with a police heli just above the center of Vienna. The guy was stupid enough to fly his baby in a no-flight-area, 200m elevation...

Total madness. His excuse, according to the police, was that he wanted to "test" his new "toy"... so this was probably his first time flying a new drone.
Can't fix stupid....Unfortunately stupidity is a disease of the human race and not restricted to UAVs...

You know... somewhere in the world... there's someone who has shot a police helicopter today too. Yet we're not discussing how stupid that guy is, we just take it in stride, like the guy who drove drunk today an almost killed someone. Point is, onsy, twosyies in the whole world are meaningless. Anything possible is going to happen somewhere with a population of billions.

Yeah, sure.. and talking about chances all kind of weird stuff happens and kills/harms people, you're right. But yet there still is a difference between intentional crazyness and unforeseeable incidents. Back here in Austria we are getting to the point where being a drone pilot is getting equal to being a mindless, privacy-taking murderer in public opinion. And that's sad, man! But most likely unavoidable...

Yeah, sure.. and talking about chances all kind of weird stuff happens and kills/harms people, you're right. But yet there still is a difference between intentional crazyness and unforeseeable incidents. Back here in Austria we are getting to the point where being a drone pilot is getting equal to being a mindless, privacy-taking murderer in public opinion. And that's sad, man! But most likely unavoidable...
I know... it’s really too bad. I have a neighbor and he’s a really good friend. But he’s really nervous about me flying my drone and spying on him. I was outraged... “Who the hell do you think I am?! Tell you what... I don’t like it when you get up on the roof of your barn because I know you’re up there to spy on me. And for that matter, please get rid of your ladder too because you’re putting that up against our fence to look over and spy on me too.” It’s just amazing how even a good friend turns into a pervert when he flies a drone. Sad. We are still good friends, though. Fortunately it takes more than this to end our brotherhood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez