Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lightbridge & EXT Video Signals

Reaction score
Similar post in M600, but this is more generalized for larger audience of discussion.
Forum Admin, if this is considered "double post" delete the M600 post please.

Recently added DJI Gimbal mount(s) to M600 for Z3, X5R, XT R, Z30 cameras.
This resulted in No Video display until discovering & using the EXT option and sliding the LB / EXT Bandwidth to allow EXT Video.

What is the EXT Video, I assumed it was External to the DJI ecosystem, something to allow 3rd Party. But evidently not, it applies also to DJI optional components to utilize Zenmuse Cameras wired (LB Gimbal & CAN) per DJI Spec to a LB A3 system too.

Any one enlighten me on the details of EXT, how / when it's used, transmission Range, and the ideal LB/EXT bandwidth setting: 50-50 or more/less EXT.

If Zenmuse Camera is using EXT, I assume the RC is still using LB for telemetry transmission signals.
I'm assuming, but not certain... the CAN cable provided the Video, and is separate from the LB HDMI circuit?
On the LB module, there is HDMI, Video 3 Pin Source, Gimbal Port along with main circuit backplane ports.
Does the LB Gimbal port just control gimbal operations?
Are the CAN ports basically a common internal network system? Is there any difference in CAN1, CAN2 or CAN3. I often read threads indicating... Plug into "CAN2" port, why not just "a CAN Port".

I'm assuming if the Camera was connected to either the LB HDMI or Video 3Pin (FPV), it would be on LB transmission. Is there a method to move the optional Zenmuse camera from CAN to LB HDMI Port?

On the Ronin MX, that connects to either LB HDMI or SRW60G to LB HDMI. I haven't verified yet, but I assume a Non-DJI DSLR Camera would then transmit via LB HDMI even though it's external to the DJI Ecosystem.

Is there a good detailed Reference on the Lightbridge system. I haven't read much more than how to connect to the LB ports.

Last edited:
Hi Michael, I'd be very happy for your assistance & clarifications.
I'll email you...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool