Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Linking the slave controller, need help.

Reaction score
So I recently returned my inspire 1 pro due to loud gimble noises. I received the new one and need to pair the slave remote to it. When I have the master controller paired and everything is good I turn on the slave controller and nothing. (it was paired to a different inspire) I'm sure this is my issue? Also on the DJI app I cant get past the "how to connect" page to even enter the name and password to request access.

Sorry you're having trouble. Bricked controllers have been popping up left and right lately. Lets try some things out.

You can try to manually pair the controller not using the dji app.
  • Step 1: Power on Remote Controller and Aircraft.
  • Step 2: Press the Linking button in the nose of the aircraft, as show in the file attached.
  • Step 3: On the Remote Controller, Press “C1” + “C2” + “Video Record”
  • Step 4: Then, press the “Camera Settings Dial”. A green indicator light indicates bind is successful

You mention not being able to enter camera view in the dji go app. When you connect a new device you should get a popup requesting device access. Do you remember seeing this popup at all? Or do you have a different device to try? If you 've never had this popup you may have a faulty usb port. It happened to me where it would power various devices but never requested access.

If you can't manually pair, or get any device to connect you probably have a bricked controller. I read a post from @jon b who unbricked his device by flashing this file. He said "The attached file helped to recover my bricked slave during the last firmware upgrade. It's worth a try. Just put it on a USB drive in the root directory (make sure it's the only file at the root) and boot up the slave."

If none of these tricks work, I'd send it in for warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool