Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lipo Discharge Threshold

Reaction score
I was wondering what the situation was with the batteries on the Inspire and their discharge point?

Basically the Inspire pack is still just a 6s Lipo pack that needs looking after like any other. What concerns me is the so called 'intelligent' management circuitry built into the pack might not be so intelligent.
I understand you can set differing levels for both the first stage and second stage battery alarms - are these freely settable to any voltage you desire? Are you also able to set under load voltage to accommodate the drop during use?

Also, when the Inspire is telling you that the pack is 'Empty' is it really empty or is it circa 20% still full? In other words when you guys fly to empty are you then putting back in to the pack circa 3,600mAh as I would hope.
If the pack is taking anywhere near 4,500mAh then that's bad.

I bet on a 20% "reserve" due to law issues on a crash caused by drained lipo.

I've been thinking why DJI did not made a LiFe solution for Inspire 1 instead of LiPo

I bet on a 20% "reserve" due to law issues on a crash caused by drained lipo.

I've been thinking why DJI did not made a LiFe solution for Inspire 1 instead of LiPo

I think probably because of a lower energy density for LiFe cells so therefore heavier per Watt hour - Weight is king in the multirotor world :)

Would have been safer for a lot of people though !

Reactions: Eliran
So 57 views and nobody has commented or knows how much they are putting back into their packs after a flight when the Inspire is saying 'Empty' :eek:

That's one of the first things I would want to know !!! If you set your Stage 1 and stage 2 thresholds very low you could approach esc LVC and then your Inspire will drop like a stone.

Hi jonathnsmith - that's fine but I'm wondering if you are landing when displayed capacity is 20% how many mAh are you putting back into the pack? If the Inspire doesn't give you that information if you take a look at mAh left in when you get to the 20% mark that should give a fair indication.
Until I know that information I think I would be paranoid with you and land at 20% :)

I've never taken a look at how much mAh is left or how much I'm putting back in to it. I probably wouldn't understand it anyway so I'm just charging till it tells me its full.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool