Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi camera POI lock not working

Reaction score
Posting this here because it might be related to my other post (Follow not working).

Setup a flight with a couple of POI's. Assigned about 1/2 of the waypoints to lock on POI 1, the other half to POI2. During the flight, though, the camera actually locks anywhere from 90 to 180 degrees OFF of the appropriate POI! I've triple checked the POI's (and their orientation to the flight path), and the direction they should be locked on is correct.

I have done the Compass calibration, and I was in Safe to Fly GPS (F mode, as required by Litchi). Updated to current firmware on Inspire and remote.

One of the POI's is several miles away - I was trying to get a distant view shot over a closer object. POI was between 5 and 10 miles distant, and I had the height set to 1,000'. I wasn't sure if the rotors would be in the frame because of the distance, but was just testing. In actuality, camera was pointed about 90 degrees off and roughly level with altitude (set to 15 ft).

What could be causing a gimball to lock so far off? And, would that overlap and possibly cause my Follow not locking issue as well?

Harry Harry...
"POI was between 5 and 10 miles distant, and I had the height set to 1,000'."
What else was flying in that distant location? I'm sure you don't have a clue unless you had a spotter there. You might get a better response to your question if you leave out all the questionable details.

Wouldn't know what was questionable until it's presented - and questioned. I included as much as I did so anyone reviewing would have (hopefully) enough info to answer.

There was nothing man made flying between the Inspire and the POI except foliage and buildings, nor in the direction the camera was pointing. There were buildings and trees. Inspire was never higher than 20'.

Attachments

• Litchi POI lock not working.jpg
    Litchi POI lock not working.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 9
Wouldn't know what was questionable until it's presented - and questioned. I included as much as I did so anyone reviewing would have (hopefully) enough info to answer.

There was nothing man made flying between the Inspire and the POI except foliage and buildings, nor in the direction the camera was pointing. There were buildings and trees. Inspire was never higher than 20'.

Well then I'm more confused.
You stated the height was set to 1000' way over the 400' safe limit and the the distance was 10 to 20 miles well beyond line of sight. I consider those questionable numbers. If in fact you now say you flew 20' above ground then maybe it's time to close these replies are rethink the thread.

No, I didn't. I said 5-10 miles. I figured 1,000' at 5 miles or so was sell below the gyro max angle (POI is at about 10 degrees at 1 mile, 2 degrees at 5 miles, and 1 degree at 10 miles)

If you'll tell me where I should be posting questions, as a new DJI owner, that won't piss you off as the self-proclaimed master, do so. I hate to impose on your obviously invaluable time with questions so far below your notice.

Some people just don't read what's actually written.
And it's a waste of time, even to react to what they have to say, about what they thought they (must have) read (but didn't).
You stated the height was set to 1000' way over the 400' safe limit and the the distance was 10 to 20 miles well beyond line of sight. I consider those questionable numbers. If in fact you now say you flew 20' above ground then maybe it's time to close these replies are rethink the thread.
Specially when they call out to close the thread so they don't have to rethink about what they should have been reading.
Doesn't make sense or does it?

f you'll tell me where I should be posting questions, as a new DJI owner,

This is odd and maybe a bug in Litchy. Why don't you post your problem on the Litchy Facebook page? Might be actually read there by somebody.

Personally I don't have a clue what's wrong. I use Autopilot mostly for that kind of things. But Litchy should be perfectly capable of pointing the camera to a point 2 miles away and a 1000 feet high. And you might get the props in view of course.

after some typo editing......

I now - I would have been the better person to just ignore it, but it ticks me off to get that reaction on a forum. Bad me ...

I will post it on Litchi. I only posted it here because I thought it might be related to not being able to get Follow to work in DJI Go, either, so I was hoping it was a setting somewhere I wasn't aware of. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool