Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

livestreaming question? anyone doing it??

Reaction score
Question:

I intend on live streaming my flights on occasion via the app, do you need a sim version of the iPad to stream?

any other tips for myself from experienced members regarding live streaming best practices...?

thanks in advance - Joe

Question:

I intend on live streaming my flights on occasion via the app, do you need a sim version of the iPad to stream?

any other tips for myself from experienced members regarding live streaming best practices...?

thanks in advance - Joe

Last time I tested it the YT streamlining was pretty terrible, regardless of available bandwidth.

I did enjoy broadcasting my GO app flight screen though with telemetry and FPV view to the web for folks to "co-pilot" with me on flights using Shou.

It's just now back for iOS9.x.

If wanting to stream for broadcast without GO app, I'd probably use a LiveStream box connected to HDMI out.

Last time I tested it the YT streamlining was pretty terrible, regardless of available bandwidth.

I did enjoy broadcasting my GO app flight screen though with telemetry and FPV view to the web for folks to "co-pilot" with me on flights using Shou.

It's just now back for iOS9.x.

If wanting to stream for broadcast without GO app, I'd probably use a LiveStream box connected to HDMI out.

shou? im not familiar is that an app?

live stream box ill have to look into that. regardless though you need a tablet with cellular to broadcast while flying correct? no issues keeping cellular on while tablet is being used for inspire1 right? lastly i know its not on topic but your post count is pretty high so i feel comfortable asking you what tablet do you recommend i purchase. android or iOS? it seems android has some beta programs like geofencing over ride that iOS doesn't...

i was looking into nexus 7 or 9
or ipad air 2 cellular or mini4 cellular

shou? im not familiar is that an app?

live stream box ill have to look into that. regardless though you need a tablet with cellular to broadcast while flying correct? no issues keeping cellular on while tablet is being used for inspire1 right? lastly i know its not on topic but your post count is pretty high so i feel comfortable asking you what tablet do you recommend i purchase. android or iOS? it seems android has some beta programs like geofencing over ride that iOS doesn't...

i was looking into nexus 7 or 9
or ipad air 2 cellular or mini4 cellular

Shou.TV records your screen and let's you record and/or broadcast live. Example from a flight I did and streamed live to viewers on the Internet:

Lake Cochituate
▶ Lake Cochituate | dcooper20251 on Shou.TV

More on Shou here:

Welcome to Shou.TV

I would use an Air 2 cellular if I were picking a device now I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84