Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Long trips with Inspire 1.

Reaction score
We are going 3 weeks to Africa. We are going to sell the aerial pictures to a travel magazine, so we really need to have the bird working.
Of course the only true redundancy would be to be able to bring 2 birds but that is not practical...
I am always concerned about reliability - which we all know by Murphy's law will be a problem when you are in the most remote location and when opportunities for great shots are the best...

Any tips tricks for such trips? Thank!

Our gear:
- Inspire 1 X5
- 15 + 45 lens - i might try the 8mm fisheye too
- 4xTB47s batteries with charger and 12/220 inverter for charging in the car
- spare propellers
- custom pelican case for travel & storage in landing mode

Have you checked the laws about using a drone in Africa. I would also check if you are planning on going on a safari with the inspire whether you are allowed to use it around wild animals.

Have you checked the laws about using a drone in Africa. I would also check if you are planning on going on a safari with the inspire whether you are allowed to use it around wild animals.
We don't plan to use it for animals/wildlife. More landscape etc. I wrote to the aviation authorities of the country in question but they have no clear position on this.

..and anyway i alway find it funny those drone regulations and then you have people flying small/very small aircrafts in the same locations which make much more noise. Anyway, no plans to use around wildlife...

I think that even though you have a landing mode case (I do too), I'd be considering removing the X5 camera in transit. Yup, defeats the purpose of a landing mode case... but with the rough handling experienced with various baggage handlers, I wouldn't want to overstress the gimbal -- which is probably the most fragile thing on the bird.

I think that even though you have a landing mode case (I do too), I'd be considering removing the X5 camera in transit. Yup, defeats the purpose of a landing mode case... but with the rough handling experienced with various baggage handlers, I wouldn't want to overstress the gimbal -- which is probably the most fragile thing on the bird.
Yes thanks for the tip i was thinking to do this for the plane and then leave it on...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk