Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

looking for photos made with X5S

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a photographer not a filmer and I'm considering buying the x5s. Does anyone know where I can find some examples made with this camera?

Thanks!
Adriaan.

Reactions: nandoarr
Hello,

I'm a photographer not a filmer and I'm considering buying the x5s. Does anyone know where I can find some examples made with this camera?

Thanks!
Adriaan.

Hi Adriaan, how are you man?
In consideration that the sensor of the x5S is bigger than the other ones and its is compared with a canon 5d ii, all you gotta do is go to a store and try it out. Have you went to Dji's specs of the x5S?

"JPEG/DNG/JPEG+DNG 14fps in burst 20.8 MP*4

DNG 20fps continuous burst 20.8 MP*5 "

numbers are pretty solid, don't you think?

i know this isn't the best answer...but i hope you can get the best image you want.

Hi Nandoarr, Thanks for your quick reaction. It looks indeed solid. But I wanted to see some examples with hi iso/ evening shots. Your right I have to go to a shop to see some examples.

Still see a lot of Chromatic Aberration
You are quite correct, my friend. It is BAD. Most of it can be removed during post if you are careful. This is an extreme image in that there is a lot of nasty contrast in there.
Another thing I have noticed is that the appearance of the raws changed radically with one of the firmware updates. I haven't quite been able to put a finger on it, but I'm pretty sure they changed the embedded profile (I still need to prove this by writing some code to rip apart a dng).
The early images were over-saturated and super magenta. Newer images are almost flat and more blue than anything else. Just when I thought I had a decent post-processing recipe cooked up...

Reactions: deltalimatango
That is strange. But it al begins with good lenses. I don't know if there are better lenses.

Hello Grumpster !!!

THANKS so much for sharing your file made with X5S.
VERY appreciated.

I had asked around....a lot....to see an original Still DNG file produced by X5S.... at last arrived you.

Thanks.

I'd have a request: should be possible share by you another original DNG Still shoot make with X5S at 100 iso in o well light condition ?

Just to compare/ check more.

Here is downloadable your shoot just a bit post processed by Camera Raw, add a bit of sharpness, exposure, and reduced noise and chromatic aberration.

For who desire see:
X5S.zip

Kind Regards.

Famu

Last edited:
You are quite correct, my friend. It is BAD. Most of it can be removed during post if you are careful. This is an extreme image in that there is a lot of nasty contrast in there.
Another thing I have noticed is that the appearance of the raws changed radically with one of the firmware updates. I haven't quite been able to put a finger on it, but I'm pretty sure they changed the embedded profile (I still need to prove this by writing some code to rip apart a dng).
The early images were over-saturated and super magenta. Newer images are almost flat and more blue than anything else. Just when I thought I had a decent post-processing recipe cooked up...
what lens was it?

Hi Dkotinsky !

THANKS for your DNG original Still file.....shared here. 100 iso the best resolution to check details and noise.
I downloaded and processed with Lightroom.
Just did some little change, saturation, exposure, sharpness, and reduce-removed aberration chromation as yellow and red-violet.
From here is possible to download the Tiff output final processed file.

ISPIRE2+25_OLYMPUS.zip

PLEASE and THANKS in advance again to share more DNG files.......to review and check quality !!!

Thanks.

Fabio.

Regarding the chromatic aberration mentioned by a few posters above, in case anyone does not know, and cares:

1. Getting rid of CA is trivial in Lightroom. It has a checkbox in the develop module under Lens Corrections labeled Remove Chromatic Aberration. It works amazingly well, and can be applied as a develop preset during Import. Just to make sure nothing unexpected is happening here, I tested it on the very nice BNSF train pic DNG so kindly provided by TheGrumpster above. Worked as expected: All of the purple fringing I see in the original is completely gone when you apply that correction in LR. No careful work required in post. Just turn on the check box.

2. CA is caused by the lens, not the camera. So if you are already familiar with the CA characteristics of a lens on the X5 or X5R camera, you can expect to see the same amount of CA when you put that lens on the X5S.

I DavidJmurray,
Yes, it's Correct.
CA aberration can affects lens. Not always, or sometimes yes, sometimes more, sometimes less. In one specific lens more, in other lens less.
In these DNG supplied by authors, CA affect a lot into these different lens. It's true that could be easy corrected using any, a lot of specific plugin or directly using specific modules of CameraRaw, Lightroom, ect.
CA is not a well characteristic for lens.
Remove it could be easy, but depending by the grade and the different couple of color/variety of CA, ( yellow, purple, blue, green....), removing it could be cause/achive other kind of grooves,,,, speaking in very high quality output need.

Dear Deltalimitango....you are not late.....you are always welcome and THANKS so much to share your work with us....
Best,
Famu.

Hi Delta.....I downloaded it and processed with Lightroom. Fine file at 100 Iso. Adjust a bit of exposure, colors, sharp, ca, white area. But I think you shoot again in 16:9 format, not at full 4:3. The file result a bit smaller than should be at the highest photo output. Also, if X5S camera permit, would be better shoot in AdobeRGB profile than sRgb. AdobeRGB has larger chromatic color space than other. Thanks a lot again. And you are always welcome when share new file !
This is the link to download the processed file ( DNG to TIFF ).

Famu.

Last edited:
Hi Delta.....I downloaded it and processed with Lightroom. Fine file at 100 Iso. Adjust a bit of exposure, colors, sharp, ca, white area. But I think you shoot again in 16:9 format, not at full 4:3. The file result a bit smaller than should be at the highest photo output. Also, if X5S camera permit, would be better shoot in AdobeRGB profile than sRgb. AdobeRGB has larger chromatic color space than other. Thanks a lot again. And you are always welcome when share new file !
20170402-DJI_0045.tif[/UR]
Famu.

Hi. I sent you the file to have a look, not to really process and share. I was shooting in 16:9 but switched to 4:3. As you may note, the file is the actual DNG and unprocessed but I do use the Adobe RGB color space.

Last edited:
20170402-DJI_0045.tif
Famu.

Please do not share my file. It is not yours to do so. I was attempting to help you to see the image quality of the X5S but I did not give you license to process and distribute my image.

Hi. I sent you the file to have a look, not to really process and share. I was shooting in 16:9 but switched to 4:3. As you may note, the file is the actual DNG and unprocessed but I do use the Adobe RGB color space.

Hi Delta....
Sorry for this misunderstanding ..... I didn't know that you didn't desire share your file. If you post a file into a Forum, without any more or precise info about your ©, where already other people writing and sharing files, it's a bit difficult imagine that you don't want.
To avoid any honest misunderstanding, you could to send me directly this file. As the other time you did.
However, I removed the link directly into my post.
Sorry, but I didn't want work, use, distribuite, copy, elaborate, sell any Yours file/work. It was only test to check quality output of X5S. That's all.
Thanks also for your help.
Very appreciated.
F.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters