Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for sharp X5 DNG samples or options for bigger camera

Reaction score
I currently own the first version of the Inspire 1. I'm mainly a commercial portrait photographer but have a potential gig coming up for a client that needs some high quality aerial stills. My inspire 1 is decent for video...but the stills kinda suck! I'm used to shooting with my 36 megapixel D810 DSLR and the tiny files from the Inspire X3 are kinda noisy and not too sharp even at low ISOs.

I know about the X5 but some of the stills and raw files I've seen from it don't look that great either.

I'm wondering if anyone has any DNGs from the X5 that they'd be willing to share that are shot without any ND at a decent shutter speed and F8 or higher?

If I wanted to step it up from an X5 for stills I would probably have to get an s900 with an a7 mount and one of the higher res Sony cameras, correct? I may have the budget to purchase something like that but my concern is the time it takes to ship, build, and tweak a setup like that...the project has a sort of tight deadline.

There's no way to rig a small Sony A7 camera to an Inspire and just put it on an intervalometer for stills without live view is there? Probably not!

Any files or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am also interested in flying a high resolution camera. I think dronenerds? Or someone from Netherlands has build a gimbal but very expensive... I was looking for Chinese alternative but no luck yet

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I fly with the X5 and get great results, but comparing to a DSLR..... well, no comparison.
There are deals out there on S900 and S1000. Look for them, do a saved search on ebay.
Here's one SWEET deal that someone got: DJI S900 Hexacopter with Case and More

Thanks! Ebay is a good idea...the DJI Store has a pretty good price on S900 with A7 gimbal too right now. My worry is I have never setup an S900, they look quite a bit more complicated than the inspire, perhaps not as reliable? I don't have weeks to experiment with it or do test flights before this project. I need something sort of ready out of the box or within a day or two. Anyone else have X5 samples they could share?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm