Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost aperture control on X5 camera.

Reaction score
Today while I was flying my Inspire 1 with X5 camera, I was unable to change aperture on DJI GO. I was in aperture mode and tried changing into all manual and shutter priority, and nothing worked. It was stuck in F4, but I was able to still change ISO and shutter speed (in manual and shutter priority). I brought the drone down, turned it off and back on, and the problem was resolved. Two more flights were fine.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else has seen this and/or has any ideas.

Anyone seen this happen before? Thanks.

Today while I was flying my Inspire 1 with X5 camera, I was unable to change aperture on DJI GO. I was in aperture mode and tried changing into all manual and shutter priority, and nothing worked. It was stuck in F4, but I was able to still change ISO and shutter speed (in manual and shutter priority). I brought the drone down, turned it off and back on, and the problem was resolved. Two more flights were fine.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else has seen this and/or has any ideas.

Anyone seen this happen before? Thanks.
It happens with everything. Turn it on and off.

I got the locked camera "aperture problem" after the last dji go update, never before. It is a pain in the but, have to shut all down and restart. Then it works. But is not acceptable if you just took off to capture a brides entrance. And have no camera controls. With about 13 safe minutes of airtime you need to wait till last second to take off and everything needs to work properly everytime. That is why i bought DJI..... please get your ducks in a row ( fix your bugs). Just land and shut down and restart is not acceptable in a professional shoot.

I got the locked camera "aperture problem" after the last dji go update, never before. It is a pain in the but, have to shut all down and restart. Then it works. But is not acceptable if you just took off to capture a brides entrance. And have no camera controls. With about 13 safe minutes of airtime you need to wait till last second to take off and everything needs to work properly everytime. That is why i bought DJI..... please get your ducks in a row ( fix your bugs). Just land and shut down and restart is not acceptable in a professional shoot.
I agree but it does happen sometimes. It needs to be fixed.

Again, I have issues with the X5 system. Since the Inspire normally flies at height, why would one need shallow depth of field etc? I think it is just a marketing ploy by DJI for people to buy it.
Yes, it is more sensitive to light so you can fly an extra half hour at dusk! Big deal. The light conditions would be poor anyway at that hour regardless of camera.
I'm very happy with my X3 camera and I shoot for television networks all the time and no complaints at all!

Again, I have issues with the X5 system. Since the Inspire normally flies at height, why would one need shallow depth of field etc? I think it is just a marketing ploy by DJI for people to buy it.
Yes, it is more sensitive to light so you can fly an extra half hour at dusk! Big deal. The light conditions would be poor anyway at that hour regardless of camera.
I'm very happy with my X3 camera and I shoot for television networks all the time and no complaints at all!
The X5 doesn't get as grainy and you cant swap lenses for zoom etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123